Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Petition: Amazon, Please Stop Using CITYLINK!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 714 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Aug 2010, 10:44:45 BST
Last edited by the author on 8 Sep 2010, 14:15:52 BST
ZiQu says:
Please stop using City Link. You will lose business if you persist in using them.

Marjorie Sutcliffe

Posted on 4 Aug 2010, 03:55:20 BST
Leon Adamski says:
I support this. I'm not buying anything from Amazon until they stop using them. I've emailed a couple times expressing my distaste for CityLink, only to get apologies and "we'll show this to the proper people". I love Amazon, but after having my 360 slim hanging in limbo for several days after the useless "service" of CityLink, I won't be using them anymore. And what's even worse, I'm using Prime. If I wanted my games to take a little longer to arrive, I'd just leave Amazon Prime. (Which I now have done).

Amazon, please stop using Shi**yLink!

Posted on 19 Aug 2010, 18:52:53 BST
I agree. They drive me up the wall and are utterly unprofessional.

Erik Kristiansen

Posted on 19 Aug 2010, 19:40:43 BST
I agree...

Problems twice in a row with the same excuse/reason

Never had a problem at this address with any other delivery company

Posted on 21 Aug 2010, 14:34:37 BST
Last edited by the author on 4 Oct 2010, 18:55:48 BST
D. Green says:
Entirely agree.
We have an excellent, covenient delivery service run by the Post Office.
They re-deliver, they deliver to PO brances etc etc.
Contrast with CityLink that has few depots; often in inconvenient places; are not very efficeint or careful with the goods (I've seen and heard about badly damaged packages whereas this seems far less common with the Post Office). I'm reluctant to order large items from Amazon (or any other supplier that uses CityLink) when I know that CityLink will be delivering them. I think CityLink is a totally unsuitable company to be doing home deliveries.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2010, 16:43:33 BST
Last edited by the author on 21 Aug 2010, 16:44:33 BST
A. Watson says:
3 x separate incidents of next day deliveries never made, promised resolutions/redilvereies never made and poor customer service. Please dump this awful firm as its damaging Amazon's reputation and customer loyalty !!!

Posted on 24 Aug 2010, 16:57:46 BST
They've screwed me before, they've screwed me today. I had to take an unauthorised day off work to collect a package - which obviously didn't turn up, even though the City Link site told me it would.

Customer services helpfully told me it wasn't coming today, and they'd send it tomorrow. That's very useful, seeing as if I don't go into work tomorrow aswell I'll be facing a disciplinary.

Awful company. A stain on Amazon's otherwise-fine reputation.

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Aug 2010, 17:54:46 BST
D. Daniels says:
I couldn't agree more. I've been tempted to subscribe to Amazon Prime, but I've been put off by the fact that Amazon Prime uses CityLink. Now, if Amazon were to offer a variant of Amazon Prime that guaranteed delivery using Royal Mail, I'd be very interested.

Posted on 31 Aug 2010, 16:41:29 BST
nhpy says:
I bought a Kindle and was dispatched via City Link. When I saw the status "Via CityLink" I was sure that I am going to have nightmares. The satus showed me that they are delivering between 7:30Am - 17:30pm on 28th August 2010. I waited all the day but no show. I contacted Amazon and they told me that they will contact and update. I have been waiting all the day today 31st August 2010 and still no sign. I contacted CityLink and was told that it will come today and was not supposed to be delivered on 28th because it was Saturday. And asked me to check with Amazon as it was amazon's fault. I can't understand how it could be amazon's fault as CityLink's tracking showed me it was due on 28th.

However, still no sign and have contacted Amazon. I am planing to take legal action as it has casued me lot of damages, for now and in the past. Can any one tell me what are my rights.

Last time when I had problems, the driver running without delivering I have recorded his action in my Video Camera. I have then contacted CEO of CityLink telling him, if I don't receive an answer I am going to the media as I have video evidence. Then they issued a red card to the driver and he behaved fine afterwards. The problem started again.

Please advise me if anyone knows what are my rights to take legal action. Do I need to take against Amazon or CityLink.

Posted on 1 Sep 2010, 18:39:03 BST
Ronnie Ross says:
I'm currently being shafted by them. It only takes a few minutes digging to see how badly thought of CityLink are. Amazon must be mad to keep using them.

Posted on 6 Sep 2010, 11:35:02 BST
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2010, 12:02:42 BST
dangermash says:
Come on Amazon - google City Link feedback. Then show that you are customer focussed by breaking off your working relationship with these cowboys.

Posted on 8 Sep 2010, 13:37:03 BST
chris says:
A typical issue with me, Amazon did a sterling job rearranging an order which was originally to be couriered with HDML but couldn't be rescheduled. New delivery with City Link, after seeing a failed delivery on a Thursday, as like most people I need to work, I informed them at 3.45 in the afternoon that I would come and collect from there depot the following day.
On arrival I was informed the package had been sent out for re-delivery, when I requested that it should be delivered on Saturday was told initially that I couldn't do this as I had 2 attempted deliveries. No card left on either occasion.
They couldn't comprehend that I hadn't requested the 2nd delivery. Then I was told that Amazon would have to agree to the Saturday delivery costs even though it was City Links mistake. I was given an incorrect telephone number to call to find out if Amazon had agreed.
After finally finding the correct number and getting through to customer services it was rescheduled for delivery (no confirmation from Amazon needed) and i could see on the website it was due to delivery on Saturday.
Needless to say it never turned up and didn't even make it on the van. Another attempted delivery on Monday which failed. I rescheduled to collect from the depot, they could provide no explanation of why it didn't make it on Saturday. A complete waste of my time and money, any savings made from Amazon lost in petrol costs. A Royal Mail delivery would have seen me picking up the parcel the following day 1/2 mile away from my house! Please Amazon be aware of the full product chain and how these people are letting you down

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Sep 2010, 16:26:44 BST
Hogster says:
I totally agree. It baffles me why Amazon use them. Royal Mail does a much, much better job. Sometimes I think I will buy a book from Amazon and then I remember the 12 mile drive to pick up from the City Link depot . . . Sometimes deliveries are made by Royal Mail (who are fine) and sometimes by City Link - if only I was allowed to choose!!

Posted on 14 Sep 2010, 15:19:25 BST
city link screwed me over too giving me wrong phone numbers just to get rid of me and saying i wasnt in when i hadnt moved much from the from room there service is not even classable as terrible its simply a joke

Posted on 24 Sep 2010, 17:17:31 BST
W. Bain says:
I have had many problems with CityLink. This time - 2 cases of 'Rescheduled', when I did not reschedule. I stayed in the house for 2 days so that I could receive these goods. The goods are now rescheduled to Monday. It seems like if they dont want to do a delivery, then enter into the system that the customer requested a reschedule... No! I did not. I was sitting in my house waiting!!!

Amazon Please, please stop using CityLink. They are awful.

Posted on 27 Sep 2010, 09:38:31 BST
S Squires says:
We get deliveries from City Link in Leeds, I have been told by the managers that the drivers often do not bother to deliver or leave a card. City Link claim "If we attempt delivery on a day that you are not available we will automatically try again the next working day (excluding Saturdays). If you wish to receive your delivery on a different day please call us on the telephone number on the bottom of the card left by our driver". This has never happened - I have had items returned to the supplier for non delivery (When I have been in all day or no card left at my address). The supplier have then had to resend using an alternative service.

I now check where I can and try not to use suppliers who ship using City Link.

Posted on 28 Sep 2010, 09:50:26 BST
A. J. Corry says:
Please stop using this mickey mouse company. I hate not having items delivered on the agreed day only to go online to see the statement that they tried to deliver but no one was in so left a card. Utter liars, i have taken days off work to ensure im in before and have never had a card put through my door! Whats the point of a prime account with amazon if you dont get the prime service????

Posted on 28 Sep 2010, 21:12:30 BST
Last edited by the author on 28 Sep 2010, 21:13:42 BST
Bob the Worm says:
Completely agree. I've been in all day waiting for a delivery, then at 7pm the tracking info on the web site changes to "delivery attempted". No it wasn't. City Link are dishonest and unreliable, and this reflects directly on you, Amazon, if you continue to use them.

Look, we all like free & cheap postage. But not if it causes all this hassle. If you can't offer free postage reliably, don't offer it.

Posted on 29 Sep 2010, 13:54:06 BST
Lesley-Ann says:
I got the same on an Amazon order sent out yesterday. According to them, citylink, I requested rescheduling for tomorrow from today. Someone available today, tomorrow the house will be empty from around 2pm onwards. Not impressed, I arranged to be in today for two deliveries, Royal Mail came before noon today and now citylink rescheduled at just after 1pm saying I requested it.

Posted on 4 Oct 2010, 10:38:48 BST
lets got as many signatures a psible amazon lose city link

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Oct 2010, 19:04:39 BST
Malc says:
Agree 100% will never again order anything from Amazon if it means using CityLink.
Come to yours senses Amazon and use a Reliable delivery service.

Posted on 5 Oct 2010, 19:31:39 BST
J. Parker says:
City Link are making ordering large items from amazon a misery. I have not once received a delivery from city link without some sort of hassle. On one occasion, delivery was supposedly attempted several times, although I never received a missed delivery card through my letterbox. In the end up I had to drive for over an hour and pick the parcel up myself from the delivery depot, which is a disgrace. They are being paid for a service which they are clearly incapable of providing.

With my latest amazon order, city link tracking said that the order had been collected from amazon and was now on the way to my local delivery depot. Following this, I managed to arrange time off work for the delivery day. Later in the same day, a new message from city link informed me that they did not actually pick up the parcel in the first place, as "collection failed", so delivery would be postponed. I have had no problems from amazon until they started to use city link.

Posted on 6 Oct 2010, 21:01:16 BST
I have never in my life had citilink deliver a package. I have always had to pick it up from their depot. I've used amazon for a number of years and never had a problem, royal mail are fine and dandy. I joined Prime not long back and bought a book last week only to see "deliver via citilink" and knew what would happen. No delivery, posted a card in the wrong house, refused to give me a time for redelivery (I work from 6am so am gone in afternoons) and they won't deliver on a Saturday. I'm at work all week you idiots! I don't need to sign it's just a bloody book put it in my letterbox and go away! I had to spend my Saturday getting a train and then walking for an hour both ways to get it. Now I've just got email, "your package has been dispatched, deliver via citilink". So now another 4 hour trip on a Saturday? No thanks. If amazon won't arrange it to be delivered on Saturday, or transfer delivery to royal mail who sensibly would just put it in my letter box, then I'm getting refund and cancelling prime and my amazon account altogether.
Why won't amazon listen? Please reply amazon!

Posted on 7 Oct 2010, 10:36:18 BST
Clare Walker says:
Hi everyone,
I am emailing the Amazon press office about this as I have had exactly the same experience this week. If I don't hear back by the end of the day I am going to call the daily mail about it.
If anyone would like me to let them know your experience please email me: pressa76@hotmail.com.
Cheers
Clare

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Oct 2010, 10:39:12 BST
ZiQu says:
Good for you, I was thinking about contacting Trading Standards, because honestly, it seems like Amazon just don't give a ****!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  468
Total posts:  714
Initial post:  2 Aug 2010
Latest post:  1 Jan 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers

This discussion is about