on 25 October 2008
This product is of absolute necessity if you're weaning with home-cooked fruits and vegetables. Easy to use, with ml markings on each.
You can defrost the food in the cubes in the microwave so you don't have to freeze your fingers while trying to get the food out while the baby cries.
I would suggest to skip the "Stage 1" cubes, because they're very small, I could only use them for the very first 2weeks of weaning.
0Comment| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 March 2013
I don't use this for it's intended use so this is probably not a fair review... I use this to travel with dry baby milk and mix in water to make up a bottle. But as the square shape of the container is quite wide (wider than a similar product I used which I thought is from the same company), it is a bit more challenging to get it into the tommy tippee or aptimil bottle without spilling.
on 13 October 2011
These are excellent little storage containers, allowing you to make several portions of baby puree, freeze it and then prepare for baby with just a couple of minutes of defrost and cooking time in a microwave.
They are completely microwave and dishwasher safe (not all are) and the lids snap securely shut to keep the food safe from freezer burn.
on 20 January 2013
Just started weaning, these are a great portion size and the tray fits well in the fridge or the freezer. Only reason I did not give five stars is the lids tend to pop open occasionally.
on 6 March 2011
We've bought two sets of these now as we tend to make up batches of veg for the baby and use these to freeze portions. Great product.
on 14 January 2009
These are an absolute must for anyone weaning their baby.

I used these cubes for stage 1 as well as stage 2. The cubes have measurements on the side making them simple to use for both stages.

You can freeze your homemade food in them and can store them in the freezer. They even come with a handy tray to keep them all together.

The cubes can also be put straight from freezer to microwave and are completely safe. The food defrosts within seconds and no harm comes to cube or baby. The handy flip down lid keeps the food securely in the cube.

They're also dishwasher safe although I wouldn't recommend them in the dishwasher. When I washed mine in there for the first time, they were thrown around by the jets of water.
on 1 June 2009
I was a bit put off buying these when I read some of the reviews, so I only bought one set. However, I've had no problems whatsoever with them - they're brilliant! The ml markings are very helpful; the lids close securely; and six weeks into weaning, all eight cubes are in full working order. And they've been used a lot, given Annabel Karmel's regime - my baby is better nourished than I am!

All I've done is followed the instructions on the pack, i.e. run warm (not super-hot) water over them before attempting to remove the cube and don't use a knife to "help" it along. I did initially struggle to fit the cubes into the tray snugly enough to stay put during a dishwasher cycle. However, by pressing each one down with my thumb, I've had no problems.

All in all, I'm really impressed with this product.
on 27 February 2010
I've got a 6 year old and for him as a baby I messed around with ice cube trays for freezing pureed food. These pots are SO much easier, and a much better size. You can mush up whatever you're doing, put it into these pots, freeze them, microwave them and then feed baby straight out of the pots - you can even put them in your bag to take with you. They are so useful. The size is great for the start of weaning (I didn't bother with the smaller size) and now my son is bigger I still use them to freeze his fruit puree for dessert. Only downfall is if you drop the pots when you take them out of the freezer, or if they fall out of the freezer because you've over filled it (yes, happened to me on a couple of occasions) the pots crack easily and are therefore not useable. As long as you look after these they will last for ages, but if you are a bit clumsy, you'll need to buy some extras as you go along. I have, so I guess that just shows you how useful they are!
on 23 January 2009
I bought these and the stage 1 cubes and found they are both fantastic and essencial to weaning. (read my review on the stage 1 cubes).
I wish I could fit more in the freezer as they are brilliant for all of my daughters foods. They have measurements on the side so you can put how much you like in them.
I don't put them in the dishwasher as once I've used them I wash them by hand after I've finished washing her bottles, so can't comment on that aspect. I would say that they are brilliant and I would recommend them to anyone. Will definitely be using them for my 2nd if I have one.
on 19 November 2010
I bought this set, used for a few days, then bought the Avent VIA set (which is around 11 pounds). So I can compare the two sets:
Happy Mummy: 8 containers, flimsy, cheap looking, 70ml container, got stained after I put carrot and pumpkin puree in there. Bottom line: not worth buying
Avent: more expensive, 20 containers, 2 different and bigger sizes, much higher quality plastic, has measuring on the container, comes with a recipe booklet and 2 great spoons. Bottom line: value for money.

I wish I had bought the Avent set first, then I don't have to bother buying the Happy Mummy set.