on 24 November 2013
Wow. I just finished The Peter Simmons Trilogy and I have nothing but praise for all three books. The plot is unique, flowing and highly imaginative with unexpected twists and turns. The writing style is impeccable. And the characters are lovable and full of life. I was especially fascinated by Sebastian but then again also by Alex and Dominias. This highly creative sci-fi/fantasy book will enthral young and old just as Lord of the Rings spans right across generations. As I was reading it time literally stood still and all I could think of was seeing how it all ends. A very addictive read.
on 24 September 2014
3.5 stars

Storywise this is a good book. A young boy on an adventure is for any reader who is young at heart. However, given the length of this book, the author's choice of words had many of us scratching our heads. For example - rich hair, the agency has grown putrid or ordinary flaneur. You can have rich hair colour but otherwise how is hair poor? How is a flaneur not ordinary?

Either English is not the author's first language or his editor loves adjectives. How this ended for the reader is that a really good story became longer than it should have. Also, punctuation, punctuation, punctuation. It was *very* difficult to keep up with some of the dialogue because there were no quote marks.

I liked that the book has more than one theme and the author was able to live up to all of it. It has adventure, science fiction and coming of age in the form of Peter Simmons who battles it all - knives, guns and growing up - the hardest battle for any teenager.

Overall assessment:

Content: 4/5

Editing: 2.5/5

Formatting: 4/5

Pacing: 3.5/5

Offensive content?: Based on language and settings, this book is recommended for readers aged 13 and above.

Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author. I did not receive any payment in exchange for this review nor was I obliged to write a positive one.