Customer reviews

Format: MP3 CD|Change

on 8 December 2016
Firstly the quality of this book is unreal, so much attention has been spent on the details.

I only ever thought there was one Peter Pan story ie. Disneys, but found the book has within its pages several versions of the classic tale with Disney's only being one of them.

Hidden amongst the pages are treats for the imagination in the form of little fold out maps, pull tabs and picture wheels not to mention the old school library card within the first few pages.

This would make a great bedtime story book, it looks great on the shelf and I can only see it go up in value over the years to come.

Enjoy
on 23 December 2016
When I say "Peter Pan", do you think of the carefree, adventurous Disney character who lives in Neverland, an island with rainbows, mermaids, and sparkling lakes? If so, this book might be a surprise. This original, by J.M. Barrie, depicts the young hero as arrogant and ignorant.
Despite the fact that some of the language in this book is difficult to understand, I really enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to anyone interested in reading the book that inspired the movies.
on 21 March 2015
A 'must have' for young and old. My wife and I took our great-grandchildren to see Peter Pan as a Christmas play and I thought I should read the story before we went. ....... Absolutely fascinating and really great writing! Both stories in this book come to you as stimulating and enjoyable experiences, recreating a little of the wonderful world of childhood and 'imagination' for 'young people' of any age..
on 8 December 2012
As a lifelong fan of Peter Pan, I can't believe I have only just read this book. It is a lovely collection of stories about the origin of our favourite boy who would never grow up, and it is interesting to spot the ideas and character traits which were later re-used in the novel "Peter and Wendy", and to know where they originally came from. It could almost act as a prologue for "Peter and Wendy" except that Peter is much younger in this version. For anyone who reads and enjoys this, I recommend reading the original "Peter and Wendy" (also free to download from Kindle eBooks) and vice versa.
on 2 March 2016
There is something wrong with this listing. This is not a lovely illustrated Shirley Hughes book but a really odd plain book with no pictures and a strange landscape layout. Also the book I was sent had been read and was not new as the spine was bent and pages clearly not crisp. Amazon refunded me with no problem - but don't buy this! I needed it in a hurry as it was for my daughter's world book day so it was all very disappointing as she then had to go in without a book.
on 7 August 2013
Not knowing what a "bed book" was, I decided to read the reviews....and so decided it would be ideal for me.
However, when this came I realised the reviews were not for the advertised copy, they are for the illustrated books. I was greatly disappointed in this as it has no illustrations at all and is purely a paperback printed so that it makes easy reading if lying down.
This is a very misleading advert and suggest the sellers correct this before they have more complaints.
on 2 September 2017
An interesting introduction into how the boy who never grows up became as he has grown to be loved. With some stories you would never have thought of as true. A worthwhile read.
on 7 September 2015
Hmmm. I bought this because despite having seen many versions of Peter Pan on TV and film, I'd never actually read the book. I don't know what children were like in JM Barrie's day but a few chapters in I think this is an adult book or at least teenagers. It's violent, highly thought provoking and mysterious. Some very nasty people in this story.
on 25 May 2014
I love this book I think that I have always loved this book even after a gap of not reading this book for over 30 years you can still quite easily fall in love with it.

Who doesn't dream of flying off with Peter when they first hear this most beautiful of stories just remember it's straight on till dawn !

Oh Yes and a Awefully BIG Adventure!!

Enjoy
on 29 February 2016
Perfect Kindle read ... Especially on day to london.. Kids read and listened all the way there and slept still listening all the way back. A quickie visit to Kensington Gardens helped, They was in their own Neverland. Lovely story that will last forever.