Customer reviews

Colour: Green|Change
Price:£3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 8 February 2016
This is a fantastic little contraption. We use it for every meal. We have a house cat, who can sometimes take to letting of steam in undesirable ways (especially around bedtime) and of very recent, a bit too frantic/desperate around feeding time.

The feed ball has actually totally resolved both issues. He now gets a decent bit of exercise around feed time, which helps him keep calm in the evenings, and he seems to value his food a bit more, knowing he has to work for it.
review image
VINE VOICEon 10 January 2017
Our cat loves this. Basically, unscrew the lid, pour in your snacks, and screw the lid back on.
'Feeding' your cat is also simple: you twist the two halves of the ball until the slots open up enough to let the snacks fall out.
Depending how big the snacks are and how the big the slots are will define how often the food fall out.

However, the claim that this will help your cat be active and exercise with the ball is a pretty weak argument.
Our cat doesn't hit and chase the ball, eating snacks as she chases it. She basically pushing the ball around with her nose, purring like crazy, and devouring every snack that falls out. If I'd left her alone with this for 5 minutes she would have eaten half the contents.
It does provide a short, playful distraction if you play a mean trick: let a couple of snacks fall out an then close the slots up... the cat will continue to push the ball around for a few minutes.

Given the experience with our cat, I can't recommend it even though she loves it. Fat cat: 1. Exercise: 0.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 3 March 2016
My two cats love getting treats when they have been good.

Having read about cat health and weight problems, I didn't want them to become overweight and just expect me to give them treats without doing anything for them. So, this Feed Ball has become their new toy. I've had this now for over a month and it has been through the dishwasher and used to the maximum and it is still in great condition. It stays together very well and you can alter how big you want the holes to be for the food/treat to drop out of. It is made from hard plastic and constructed extremely well.

I put approximately 15 Felix Goody Bag treats in it and put it down on the floor. The fun then begins, my youngest cat Cassie loves this ball and she really pushes it around all over to try and get the treats out. Harrison my eldest is not at all interested in this ball, he prefers another one that I purchased. It's good to see them pushing and following their Feed Balls around looking for a treat. At night I put a handful of dry cat food in each ball for them to keep them occupied when they get up, which is always earlier than me.

I'm very happy with this Feed Ball and would have no hesitation in recommending it to a cat or dog owner.
on 21 June 2017
I love it. Cat loves it. I put a mixture of Whiskas and Go-Cat biscuits in it and no longer give the cat a bowl for the dry food. Adjustable size holes means that we could put much bigger foodstuff in it. Easy to open and refill. Cat took to it really quickly and it keeps her entertained, especially at night when she gets a lot of pent-up energy and sometimes wakes us up with dashing around and then grazing at the bowl and dashing around again.

Started on holes at maximum to encourage it's use for the first 2 weeks, then shrank the hole setting to a smaller size so it requires more effort to get food. She still moves it around with relish.
review image review image
on 15 November 2016
Good sized, and doesn't feel flimsy at all. It can take a few sizes of food/treats, as it has adjustable small and large holes.
I bought this ball for one of my Sphynx cats who is overweight. I put some of his kibble inside, and he knew exactly what to do with it. His brother also had a go (as did the dog!). Usually, if it is used....one cat pushes it while the other eats lol.
No complaints. It does what it says on the box, and does slow down the eating process.
I hope it helps with weight loss!
on 17 March 2017
You fix the hole size by rotating one half of the ball. But there is no way to fix it in place.
If the cat knocks it too much suddenly the hole is BIG and all the food falls out.

But it was cheap and worth a shot. I may see if I can McGyver it with some tape.
on 19 July 2017
A superb idea!! This ball has kept my young house cat (Kitten) seriously entertained, she is calmer, happier and fitter for chasing this to get her food. It took a day or so of perseverance for her to fully embrace the idea and I have gradually reduced the hole size to encourage further play/chase. My other half has a 13 year old cat who is now reaping the same benefits.

It's easy to clean, easy to fill with food (I use the whiskers 2KG bags of food) and find again in the morning too. The main thing if you are introducing this is to remove the bowl completely and do not return it, pop in a treat or two for day one and they will eventually take to it.
on 23 June 2013
I didn't buy this to keep the wieght off my cat, as she's less than 2 years old and quite slender. I bought it because she sometimes gets bored! Great little toy to keep your cat busy and stops them from eating too quickly. I put a few treats in this ball just before I go to bed and I can hear her (distantly) rolling and patting this across the kitchen floor to feed herself. She easily caught onto using this and loves the challenge to get her reward!
Would recommend to anyone with a cat that likes entertainment.
on 4 November 2011
I was excited when I first noticed a ball that was slightly larger than most for my kitten to play with (she loses all her smaller balls much to my dismay) and even more so when I saw you could put treats inside. My kitten however took no interest in it whatsoever! I put her favourite treats inside, played with her but no response at all. The food also does not fall out with ease when banged (I tested this) which is probably why she turned her nose up. Cannot fault the delivery speed, very good but overall if you want something your cat to be interested in don't buy this!
on 20 March 2017
My ferrets enjoy this, good for exercise and interest while feeding. However the adjustment of the hole size (by twisting the two halves of the ball) does not stay the same for long, and the top cap came off while they were using it. I have had to put tape over it to keep things in place, but it now works ok. Ferret-proofing things can be a challenge...