- Visit the Cat Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of cat collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Store for great offers on cat food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Treats Store for a huge selection of cat treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Cat Flap Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat flaps.
- Visit the Cat Litter Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat litters.
PetSafe Petporte Smart Flap Microchip Cat Door
|Price:||£69.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£35.00 (33%)|
- Reads your cat's microchip to allow entry to your home, without the need for a collar
- Wall-mount and door-mount compatible; fits standard, wooden, PVC, metal, glass and brick doors and walls
- Helps keep out unwanted cats
- Works with UK and EU standard 15-digit microchips and can be programmed for up to 25 cats
- Optional night mode to keep your cat in at night
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Technologically advanced yet simple to operate, the microchip Petporte smart flap Cat Flap reads your cat’s microchip to allow entry to your home, without the need for a collar. Extensive testing and development, in conjunction with veterinary healthcare professionals, has helped revolutionise the lives of thousands of pet owners and their pets. This unit is Wall-Mount and Door-Mount compatible.
From the manufacturer
Petporte smart flap - Microchip Cat Flap
PetSafe Brand is passionate about creating innovative behavioural, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
Petporte smart flap - Microchip Cat Flap
How it works
The Petporte smart flap - Microchip Cat Flap has been designed to allow your animals easy access to the outside world whilst keeping other troublesome cats out of your house.
The smart flap does not require your animals to wear collars or accessories. Instead it reads the identification number stored on your cat’s microchip that your vet has implanted in your cat.
The Petporte smart flap - Microchip Cat Flap, can be programmed to recognise up to 25 cats and is designed to read the most common type of microchip - FDX-B (15 digit). If you are unsure of your cat’s microchip type, you can contact your vet or if you know it, use the microchip compatibility checker at PetSafe website to enter the number and determine compatibility.
Installation and fitting
The cat flap is easy to instal and suitable for doors, walls and windows of all materials. Extension leads are available to allow installation in most locations and the cut out is such that it can replace the Staywell Deluxe and Classic cat flap ranges with minimal alterations, which makes ‘upgrading’ quick and easy. All pet doors are designed to make fitting as quick and easy as possible – in three easy steps:
Measure the distance from the ground to the pet’s belly and make that measurement from the ground up, onto the door – this makes sure that the cutting template is positioned correctly and that the pet door is the right height for the pet.
Using the cutting template as a guide, use a drill and jigsaw to cut the hole in the door (except for glass fitting in which instance you should consult a glazier).
Make sure the locking mechanism on the pet door is on the right side of the house (inside or outside) and use the screws provided to secure into place.
* Installation in a Metal Door: Prior to installation it is recommended to check if the Petporte smart flap will operate properly with your metal door. To do this, hold the assembled and programmed Petporte smart flap up to the metal door and bring your cat (with programmed microchip) up to the 'porch'. If the lock releases, the door will function properly when installed.
Customise to your cats
Night mode uses a built-in light sensor which activates in-only access for authorised cats at dusk and automatically allows free exit at dawn. This keeps cats in at night and reduces the chances of them becoming involved in road traffic accidents.
Vet mode applies a similar setting that allows authorised cats in-only – handy when they are due a trip to the vet.
Extended modes (requires mains power) allows cat owners to customise the cat flap to their cat’s routine and their own convenience.
- Activated by your cat’s identification microchip.
- No collar required
- Restricts unwanted cats
- Timer function
- Up to 25 cats
- Installtion Guide and Cutting Template included.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
When I purchased this unit I didn't realise that the manufacturer had now changed and the unit re-designed. As a result I have found that the door does not close and lock consistently after our car enters the house. When the door returns to the closed position controlled by the built-in magnet, the door rim prevents the latch from re-setting which has allowed an opportunist cat to enter the house on a regular basis.
From other reviews on this site this is not a unique problem and I would not recommend this door. I have also written to Amazon Customer Services to reject the item as unfit for purpose but after nearly 4 weeks I am disappointed to say that I have not received any response at all.
I have replaced the door with a Sureflap door purchased from Ocado which I can recommend. Easy fit and very easy to pair with cats microchip.
Why can't we do the programming through an app eh?!!! Instead we have to "hold the green button until it bleeps three times,then releases whilst pushing the red button and singing God save the queen" ( or that's what it felt like......)
Ampy (short for amputee , on account of his lack of tail) my cat reports no issues but as he usually has a rabbit or vole stuffed in his mouth when he comes in he probably would find it hard to comment .....
So.....great idea but if any one from the manufacture would care to show us how to program it so it opens and locks automatically I'd be forever grateful.........
Most recent customer reviews
It is very fiddly to set up and requires a mains supply making the door unusable .Read more
Look for similar items by category