- Visit the Cat Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of cat collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Store for great offers on cat food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Treats Store for a huge selection of cat treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Cat Flap Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat flaps.
- Visit the Cat Litter Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat litters.
- Also check our best rated Cat Toy reviews
PetSafe Funkitty Egg-Cersizer Cat Toy
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Treat or food-dispensing toy
- Fun wobbly movement as cat plays with toy
- Encourages playtime
- Helps with your cat's weight loss
- Adjustable openings to increase or decrease the challenge for your cat
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Funkitty Egg-Cersizer is a treat/feeding ball that’s designed to randomly dispense treats and dry food. It is uniquely adjustable to your cat’s level of play. Open 1, 2, or 3 holes to customise to your cat’s needs and increase the challenge over time. Features the Treat Meter which allows for treat distribution from all angles.
Toys must be replaced when damaged.See all Product description
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioural, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
Cat Feeder Toy
The Egg-Cersizer is a treat/feeding ball that’s designed to randomly dispense treats & dry food. It's uniquely adjustable to your cat’s level of play: open one, two, or three holes to customise to your cat’s needs and increase the challenge over time. Can be used for both treating and feeding of meals. The patented Treat Meter in the bottom allows for treat distribution from all angles.
Why does my cat want to play?
Kittens of the African Wildcat practice their hunting skills in the same way as a wolf cub. The African Wildcat is the ancestor of modern cats but the difference between pet cats and dogs is that the cat’s instinct to hunt is less diluted. Kittens practice hunting through play and often put it into practice as adults.
Toys allow pets to engage in hunting behaviour such as stalking, pouncing, chasing and catching. Toys can be chewed or pulled apart to reveal potential treats. They provide hours of occupation and help prevent boredom and the development of behavioural issues.
Pet toys need to appeal to pets, not to their human owners. It should not matter if the owner finds a toy appealing, it matters what the pet thinks. Toys that have been developed in conjunction with animal behavourists and vets will fulfil a pet’s requirements to express natural behaviour, as they understand how animals think and function.
We like to think that owners will find our toys attractive but our primary aim is to ensure your pet’s quality of life is improved as a result of playing with them.
Why should I give my cat toys?
Our pet’s play is likely to mimic hunting or foraging skills. Play is important because:
- It exercises both the mind and body. It allows pets to develop skills, which empower them. It avoids boredom and prevents or improves behavioural problems.
- During play, owners reduce their social status to be equals with their pet. This closing of social distance promotes trust and friendship.
- Toys are often the catalysts that initiate play. Pets are naturally inquisitive because discovering something new might be beneficial to them. To maintain interest, new toys need to be introduced and old toys rotated. Ideally pets have a ‘toy box’ and a different toy is brought out for each day of the week. The toy of the day could then be hidden somewhere in the home or garden for the pet to find.
- Toys can be used to encourage foraging if they are hidden under objects like blankets or bedding and they encourage exploration if they are hidden around the house or garden
Cats are naturally curious, highly active creatures with innate observational, stalking and hunting skills, so if they get bored or lethargic their physical and mental health can suffer. They can start displaying negative behaviour such as aggression, excessive grooming or scratching. Prolonged inactivity can even lead to muscle loss, fat accumulation or depression, so it’s important to deal with the signs of boredom right away by encouraging activity.
The PetSafe cat toy range has been developed to be tough, hard wearing and safe for you and your pet to use. However, there are some points you should note to ensure hours of happy, safe fun:
- Always supervise pets playing with pet toys.
- This product is intended for pets, not for children. Do not allow small children to use this product to play with your pet without adult supervision.
- Inspect this product periodically for damage and discard it immediately if it appears worn or broken
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This has transformed my little fat black cat's life and mine too! No more constant jumping onto the mantlepiece and knocking every breakable thing in her little fat furry paws' reach. The Egg-Cersizer not only keeps her entertained but it also slows down her eating - though she is now (after several weeks) getting a bit too adept - I'm considering going onto the smallest setting but worried she won't get anything out and that that nice vase of flowers on the mantelpiece will get it in the neck as a result...
As the cat plays, food falls out in trail on floor. Cats look disgusted at thought of sniffing up the scent trail to find pellets of food. Floor is a mess. Food gets kicked around. On the plus side you can fully adjust holes to release easily/lots at time. Overall I can only recommend as treat dispenser-my less than playful lazy cat will never tire of empting this if i fill with whiskers treats. So overall I wouldn't recommend as it has been a bit pointless for what I bought it for. Catit senses food maze a much better idea.
Very well designed, it does make him work for his kibble.
He did sulk for 48 hours as it wasn't easy to get the food out but that didn't do him any harm!!
I gave this two stars as it is well made and doesn't just fall to pieces - otherwise it would have been one star.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews