- Visit the Dog Clothing & Accessories Store for a huge selection of dog collars, leads, coats and jumpers from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Cat Store for great offers on cat food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Pet Supplies Store for a huge selection of pet supplies from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Cat Flap Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular cat flaps.
- Visit the Dog Carrier Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog carriers.
- Visit the Dog Shampoo Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular dog shampoos.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain, 1.5 Litre, Automatic Drinking Fountain for Cats and Dogs, Carbon Filtered Water
- USER FRIENDLY - Once out the box and filled the Original Pet Fountain is ready to use with no assembly required. The Fountain can also be completely taken apart and placed in the Dishwasher for Easy Cleaning.
- CLEAN, FILTERED WATER - The Replaceable charcoal filters clear the Water of Contaminants, whilst Hair, Food and debris are caught by the Pre Filter, Keeping your Pet's Drinking Water tasting Clean and Fresh.
- SUBTLE, QUIET - With a Submergible Pump, the Original Fountain is almost Silent in operation, making this a subtle edition to your home that Pets will quickly learn to love.
- AUTOMATIC CIRCULATION - The Free Flowing Stream and Automatic Circulation of the Water Naturally fill the Drinking Water with oxygen and inhibit the spread of bacteria, keeping the Fresh Water appealing to your Pets
- WARRANTY - The Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain includes a two year manufacturer's Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
Cat Mate Fresh Water Drinking Fountain for Cats and Small Dogs
PetSafe Drinkwell Replacement Filter for Original | Platinum | Mini | Big Dog Pet Fountains, Charcoal Carbon Filter for Cats and Dogs
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain, 5 Litre, Automatic Drinking Fountain for Cats and Dogs, Filtered Water
Petsafe Drinkwell Pet Fountain Cleaning Kit (Assorted Colours)
Petsafe Drinkwell Mini Pet Fountain (Assorted Colours)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20||FREE Shipping||FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Superpet Ltd|
|Item Dimensions||18.11 x 23.83 x 35.56 cm||21 x 16 x 24 cm||8.2 x 0.5 x 13.9 cm||27.48 x 26.03 x 40.64 cm||4.6 x 1.5 x 31.2 cm||21.59 x 15.87 x 29.84 cm|
This product is subject to specific safety warnings
The PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain is a Hygienic alternative to Water Bowls as your Pet’s Drinking Water is Automatically Circulated, slowing the spread of bacteria. The moving Fresh Water and Adjustable Free Falling Streams naturally attract Pets to Drink and encourage stubborn Cats and Dogs to stop Lapping from taps and puddles. The Replaceable Charcoal filter and built in Pre Filter keeps your Pet’s Drinking Water tasting Fresh by stopping hair, food and other contaminants from being circulated.
Pump and Pump housing must NOT be placed In the Dishwasher
Rinse the charcoal filter in water before use
Fountain is for indoor use only
Item Length: 28.39 cm
Item Width: 22.50 cm
Item Height: 17.50 cm
What’s in the box
1 x Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
1 x Operating Guide
1 x plug and power cord
1 x Replaceable Charcoal Filter
FOUNTAIN DRINKWELL ORIGINAL 1,5 l
From the manufacturer
For more than 25 years, PetSafe has been working closely with pet behaviourists and veterinary professionals in order to provide innovative solutions and more great moments with your pets.
PetSafe Drinkwell Original Pet Fountain
- Holds 3 litres of water
- Receiving ramp reduces splash of falling water
- Free-falling stream encourages pets to drink more water
- Quiet operation
Advantages of a PetSafe Drinkwell Pet Fountain
On average, your pet should drink 70 ml of water per kilogram of body weight daily.
Drinkwell Pet Fountains encourage pets to drink more water and for this reason are recommended by Vet Urinary Specialists. They are especially beneficial for pets with kidney or urinary tract disease.
Animals Love Running Water
Drinkwell Pet Fountains feature a free-flowing stream of charcoal-filtered aerated water which also ensures that pets get a healthy intake of oxygen too.
The fountains encourage water intake and proper hydration in pets, which is a vital part in keeping your pet healthy!
Why choose a Drinkwell Pet Fountain
Drinkwell Pet Fountains provide peace-of-mind to pet owners who know their pets have a good supply of continuously moving clean water, keeping it much fresher than standing bowl water. Our fountains come in a variety of sizes and designs catering for all pets.
Our Customer Care team are happy to help you.
What is active carbon?
The activated carbon replacement filters are made of coconut shells. The coconut shells are put through a process called carbonisation, which removes all other elements other than carbon. The carbon is then ‘activated’ by adding back oxygen, creating a material suitable for absorption. Activated carbon absorbs basic water contaminants, as well as chlorine from tap water. This helps improve the taste and remove odours from basic drinking water.
|Replacement Filter for Original, Platinum, Mini, Big Dog Pet Fountains||Platinum Pet Fountain||Pagoda Pet Fountain red||Pagoda Pet Fountain blue||Pet Fountain Cleaning Kit|
|Capacity||5 litres||2 litres||2 litres|
|Number of pets||1 medium sized dog or 2 cats||1 medium sized dog or 2 cats||1 medium sized dog or 2 cats|
Customers also shopped for
232 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One happy cat.
One cat owner delighted that the cat no longer pulls her hair whilst asleep to get her up and turn on a tap.
Yes it makes a noise but not a very loud one. All water fountains do.
It's a bore to clean, all cat fountains are.
Without doubt this is the best water fountain I have ever had and the only one that mimics a running tap.
A month or so on. We have discovered that giving it Bluetac feet to stand on and addiing little dots around the lid make it virtually soundless. Major result
The carbon pads apparently need to be changed every 2-4 weeks but they are not hugely expensive so hopefully the £30 I paid for this will be worthwhile. Pleased so far with it as seems to do everything the advert states.
Would just say the lever that is supposed to change the water flow does not seem to work, the same whether to the left or right but doesn't really matter as it doesn't worry the dog, but thought I would mention as it is supposed to work!
We have kept the fountain running because our surviving younger cat also enjoys the water from the fountain. The old bowl has been consigned to a cupboard.
It can make a bit of a buzzing sound occasionally, I find that adjusting the flow dial a little helps.
Remember to clean this out and change the water every day or so. It's easy to forget as it has a large capacity and doesn't get empty, and there is a filter. But it's really important that the water is fresh too.
The first day, there was some black residue in the fountain, assume it was from the charcoal filter. It just wipes out really easily.
Don't believe the reviews about noise either. It's really not especially if you keep it topped up. Also I stand mine on a tea tray to catch drips snd splashes from enthusiastic kittens.
Cleaned it regularly and only had it on during the day, so no reason it should’ve packed in aside from poor quality parts.
I’ll attempt to get a refund/replacement as my cat did use it (as an alternative to demanding taps be turned on!) but not holding my breath as it’s outside the default return period. *EDIT - Amazon did end up replacing the whole thing for free so can’t complain there; new one is working fine a month later - fingers crossed it doesn’t pack in like the last one*
Other minor gripe is what others have mentioned re noise of the pump, which I fixed by sliding a couple of small rubber washers between the side of the pump and its housing.