Customer reviews

Style: Pet Fountain|Change

on 30 November 2015
DESCRIPTION:
Beautiful and weighty item, looks great anywhere in the house. At 2 litres capacity, it is not oversized like other fountains and doesn't look like a urinal, which is a problem with a lot of the cheaper fountains. Ceramic material is practical for cleaning and for cats who have allergies to plastic. Easy to Assemble.

PROS:
We have two cats, each weighing in around 3.5 - 4.5 kilos so not massive kitties. They usually drink from either a stainless steel or ceramic bowl but we are really bad with changing the water regularly and the cat hair would accumulate in the bowl rapidly - not nice or fresh to drink from. We've had this for five weeks now and we're much better at topping up the water and the water is filtered and fresher (aerated) too. No more cat hair in the H2O!

CONS and TIPS for Using:
They prefer drinking from the lower bowl but have difficulty getting to the water due to the narrow channel especially when the water level gets low. I have taken off one star for this. Topping up the bowl solves the problem so it is easier for them to drink. We do this every four days. When the water level gets low (3-4cm from the top) our cats start drinking from the top bowl, which is just about manageable at our cats' height - they haven't figured out how to drink directly from the flow of the fountain yet. If you refill the bowl with filtered water (note not mineral water) then the charcoal filter will last a lot longer as well. A silent pump but not so silent fountain. At first I kept thinking there was a faucet left running water in the house. It takes getting used to.

Bottom line? For £50, it is on the pricey side but entirely worth it.
on 14 May 2015
Wow, how amazingly different is this pet drinking fountain, so easy to assemble and clean with the added bonus of being dish washer safe, so hygenic being made of crock material, cats no longer flood the worktop, so no need to put anything underneath to collect spillige, having 10 cats it works so much better than the 4 other drink fountains we've had over the years, quiet motor but you can hear the water but after awhile you soon get used to it.
Took longer than expected being dispatched but other than that I can't fault the service from Amazon
Highly recommended product.
on 19 May 2016
I had 2 plastic water fountains in the past both of which failed due to the motor. So decided to try this ceramic one.
But guess what? The motor is exactly the same! So far so good as its not failed yet but I'm guessing it may go the same route at some point!
But on the positive side, this is nicer to look at, much easier to keep clean and holds more water.
It is a little noiser than the plastic ones as other reviewers have mentioned.. A running water sound.. But it is in my kitchen and doesn't really bother me.
Fingers crossed the motor doesn't let it down!
on 26 February 2014
We absolutely love this water fountain for the clean lines and solid feel. Our cats love it as it is steady as a rock and there is no motor sound only the quiet water sound.

This is easy to set up with clear photographic instructions for assembly, cleaning and reassembling.

This really is such a lovely design that does not look out of place in our dining room.
on 14 August 2017
At first I thought the sound of the water falling into the bowl would keep me awake at night (I live in a flat and the cat does not like closed doors!) and discourage the cat who is very sensitive to noise.
Then I balanced some teaspoons across the top of the tower so the water falls on to the side of the tower rather into the bowl (see photo).
Perfect - almost silent AND my cat happily uses it!
review image
on 24 May 2015
My Cat and Kitten love this fountain, they drank from it as soon as i placed it on the floor.
They have been used to plastic ones before, but they drink much more from this ceramic one, maybe its because this ones flow is more like a running tap.
The pump has no noise at all, and the water flow sounds so relaxing a bit like a fish tank not too loud.
Its not too big only 11 inches in width.
I love that its ceramic, very strong,so simple to clean, and very trendy like a Belfast sink.
I would highly recommend this pet fountain it is tough and sturdy i feel it would last a lifetime.
Well worth the money.
on 3 April 2016
Great quality, the best so far & my cat loves it, you can hear the running water though but I'm not bothered by it, it feels like a lake near you 😸
on 5 May 2017
I brought this to replace another well known brand (mate) of water fountain for my dog. It's very nicely made and should be far easier to clean than the fountain it replaces due to being ceramic instead of plastic, and having no awkward crevices to try to clean into. My dog took to it straight away. The only thing that stops me giving 4/5 stars is the length of the power lead, it's far to short at a little over 4 feet. Luckily the old fountains 6 foot lead works with this pump as they are almost the same and so I could plug it in. Why make a lead so short..... Spoils an otherwise great product
on 5 May 2017
Had the old petsafe plastic water fountain and seemed to get quite slimey and discoloured. Im glad to say this one is a lot better. Very heavy and a doddle to clean. A tad noisy but cats dont mind it. Worth the money. (Make sure you wash out the charcoal filters prior to use)
on 2 September 2014
Had to sell this on ebay after a few months. Our cat wouldn't go near it and i think it may be because the trickle is too robust, making it extremely noisy. My cat was used to a fountain as she had one before on the advice of the vet, but she just wouldn't take to this one. I found the noise of the constant trickle annoying as well. Way too noisy.