Persuasion: Greek Rhetoric in Action Paperback – 3 Mar 1994
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'... it will be instructive and stimulating to those wishing to approach oratory from a variety of literary standpoints .' – Journal of Hellenic Studies
From the Back Cover
Greek rhetoric, in its diverse forms and impact on its contemporary context, is central to an understanding of ancient culture. The influence and exploitation of rhetoric in ancient times and modern reactions to it are the focus of this book. In recent years there has been a renaissance in the study of Greek rhetoric and oratory, informed by modern political sociology and discourse analysis.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Greece
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early British & Roman Britain
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Europe > Pre-500
- Books > History > World History > Pre-500
- Books > Languages > By Language > Ancient Languages > Latin
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Semantics