- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off this product Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Persuasion and Influence For D (For Dummies) Paperback – 2 Dec 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Become more influential in the workplace
- Develop effective listening and rapport–building techniques
- Adapt to your listener′s style
- Use persuasive language to reach your goal
How to win people over and get them to follow you anywhere
Charm, character, appeal, personality call it what you will, it′s that special something that turns No into Yes, closes the sale and makes others want to go that extra mile. At work, it can spell success. In life too, it can be the key to achieving your goals. Now, with the help of top executive coach Elizabeth Kuhnke, you can unleash your own powers of persuasion.
- The something that′s special get a handle on the qualities people find most compelling and learn to integrate them into your presentation
- Click! establish a connection with your listener, make your case, and display your credibility and expertise
- Listen and learn become an active listener and zero in on what really matters to your audience
- Evolve and adapt define their decision–making style and adapt your approach for maximum effectiveness no matter how different your audience is from you
- Master the gentle art motivate others by quietly appealing to their drives, needs, and desires and lead by example
- It′s not just what you say discover the enormous power of non–verbal cues, including body language, tone of voice, and style of dress and learn how to wield it
Open the book and find:
- How to master body language, style and tone
- The way to use key words and behaviours that have an impact
- Ways to find common ground and establish a connection
- How to capture their attention and keep them interested
- Advice on putting yourself across convincingly
- How to get things done through others
- What makes others tick
- The secret of adapting an approach to any audience on the fly
About the Author
Elizabeth Kuhnke is an Executive Coach and founder of Kuhnke Communication. She is also the author of the popular Body Language For Dummies.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This book distills a massive field into its most usable and essential components, making it 'as simple as possible, but no simpler.' It covers skills AND character, techniques AND ethics, classical influence AND modern approaches in a straightforward way that has you feel comfortable and getting excited about influencing more purposefully.
I'm a business owner who specialises in influence and very much enjoyed this book. What I enjoyed most was the breadth of knowledge and techniques contained on the pages and the depth of integrity in bringing these approaches to life. The author writes with experience, credibility and compassion - an enjoyable mix - using stories, anecdotes and contemporary examples to illustrate the point.
So, I think that whether you're looking to have more impact in business, charity, job-hunting or parenting, you'll learn some essential ways to influence by reading this book. Try it.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews