Personality: Theory and Research Hardcover – 24 Aug 2007
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
A respected classic, revised with a new emphasis on biology!
Through seven best–selling previous editions, Lawrence Pervin and Oliver John′s PERSONALITY has helped countless readers unravel the mysteries of human personality. Both scholarly and accessible, this comprehensive, unbiased text presents the major theories of personality and integrates them with the latest research, analyzes the strengths and limitations of each approach, and illustrates each theory with cases, including a single case considered from all theoretical viewpoints.
Now in a new, fully updated and revised English Edition, this classic text contains a new Chaptet 9, Biological Foundations of Personality. This timely new chapter relates cutting–edge developments in evolutionary theory, genetics, and neuroscience to the field of personality.
Features of the Eighth Editions:
- New boxes throughout the text illustrate how concepts can be applied to issues force in daily life.
- Chapter–opening anecdotes capture, in vivid language, a core assumption or theme of the chapter.
- "Questions to be Addressed" at the beginning of each chapter focus in general issues that will be discussed.
- Throughout the discussions, readers are encouraged to weigh the evidence and come to their own considerations.
- Compares theories in terms of the issues being addressed.
- Addresses the contributions from both clinical case studies and empirical research.
- Discusses the value of alternative theoretical approaches to the field.
About the Author
Lawrence A. Pervin, Rutgers University
Oliver P. John, University of California, Berkeley --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.