Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 28 July 2005
What a refreshing change, this software is so simple I had to do a double take. I have used microsoft money and and there is just no comparison.
You can see everything happening in the one window, you don't have any of the complications that you have using microsoft.
It seems manufacturers fill software with loads of useless features that you just don't use, Personal Accounts isn't overblown just really straight forward and simple to use.
on 3 September 2006
In the beginning, this software can appear to be very confusing and difficult. However, after playing around with all the functions over a weekend, rereading through the 15 paged guide, going onto their website to view the problem solving page and onto their on-line forum - to read problems posted by other users, you can soon get the hang of it! The way it works, is to have everything as separate accounts eg, accounts for your bills (ie petrol, food, etc), another one for your incomes and so on. As you need to have somewhere for the money to come from and to go into!

I found it so handy to view exactly how much money I have in all my accounts and to where all the money 'disappears' to every month. The forecast option is good, as you can see if you're going to be overdrawn or not, and it also allows you to see how much extra you can use to pay off any debts or how much you're saving every month. The automatic function is timesaving, as you can set up all your direct debits etc, to save you having to re-enter the same debits and credits everytime.

The only negative I can think of is the 15 page guide that came with the software, isn't informative enough. It only gives you the basics and not very clear. It's only through practice and trial and error, that you can see how it works.

Finally, I don't regret buying this software and wished I had bought it a lot earlier!
on 11 September 2005
This is chalk and cheese from the Microsoft Money or Quicken accounting software.
Initially after loading it, and starting the program I thought I had wasted money and should of downloaded it from a freeware site. However, once you begin to use it you see its power and simplicity.
There are no wizz bangs, but after you get use to its format and the entering of data,and immediately seeing it updated in another window it grows on you.
I found with the other titles the forcasting was often wrong, with this program you can change the forcasting rules to be able to see where you will be at christmas for example.
Also there is an online forum, which I havn't used, but have read other peoples questions and the answers an expert has given, they are comprehensive and easily understood.
I am getting quite cocky with my copy now, and keep firing it up and making it work for me, adapting it's style and entering as much data as I can to forcast more accurately. (I have discovered that a saving is required for xmas!! else my wife will be having only a pound spent on her!)
Try it and get used its simple style it will grow on you.
on 1 December 2005
It's really easy to get going with it and very easy to use it regularly once you've started. And after all, if you can't remember how to use it from one day or week to the next then there'll always be a barrier to you getting control of your accounts. No danger of that with this software.
Your sreen won't be cluttered with large dialogs or wizards to do simple stuff. Once you know how to make one entry then the consistency in this program means you know how to enter almost everything else the program needs.
This means I should be able to get my mum to use it.
It's also very fast in operation - starting up is instant and displaying the screens you need is very fast. It is not overburdened with excess graphics and layouts that slow the thing down. This means you're more likely to start it up at any time even for just a short period to enter a single purchase that you've made or to reconcile against a statement printed out from a cash machine.
A most exellently designed piece of software and it's from the UK too!
on 20 February 2006
I have used Personal Accounts since the days of its beginning and find it the most wonderful way to keep accurate accounts.
I have looked at all the others on the market and never found one that comes up to Personal Accounts
I am self emplyed and each tax year the programme quickly gives me the information I need for my tax return. Each time I spend anything to do with work I just use a code for all the different tax deductables and then in a jiffy I have the right information to hand
Any time I have not understood something it has been sorted out by return of email or telephone.
I cannot extol this programme enough
on 17 August 2005
I bought Personal Accounts as a replacement to a product that has recently been taken off the market much to my disatisfaction.
I have been using is for a little while and, well, it't just so much quicker.
Best of all it tells me when I am going to go overdrawn and that has so far been invaluable.
It does my direct debits and standing orders automatically, which is brilliant.
Best of all I can break down all of my expenses as much or as little as I want to.
The program is totally customisable which is great when you don't like to follow set rules.
on 30 January 2006
This software is really simple to use. I have had no experience in doing home accounts my self, now I have grate control over my finances. Set up was very easy and the instructions are very clear to understand. There is on line support over the Internet with the aid of a user forum, which contains useful information and FAQs.
I read a review in computer shopper - issue 216 where it got a 4 star rating. I think this software is a must have if you wish to manage your accounts easily with powerful control.
Excellent Software 10/10
on 14 November 2005
I bought Personal Accounts Home Edition a month ago after spending many years working out my finances on Excel. I have to say I was very impressed with the simple approach it takes and within a very short period of time I had all my accounts set up. It was fantastic in that I didn’t have to work out any formulas and the software gave me the clear figures that I wanted to see on each of my accounts. In particular I could see what I currently had in my bank account and also most importantly what I would have left at the end of the month by way of a forecasting option. I was also able to setup all my direct debits, and that saves me lots of time each month as the program puts them in for me automatically.
Overall I found this software extremely easy to use and it has certainly given me much more control over my finances (and my spending!).
on 8 November 2005
An excellent software package with far more functionallity than is immediately obvious. Does just about all you want of it from statement comparison, reports, reconciliations.
You need to explore all the options (some not so obvious) within this great little package to get the best out of it. Once you have really found your way around it there is little it cannot do to keep you on the straight and narrow.
on 14 October 2005
I found the installation of the program to be error free.
The basis of the package is to simplify the accounting function as much as possible and this has been achieved.
There are automatic entry facilities so that regular entries of direct debits, standing orders, salary etc need be entered only the once.
All entries are easily traced and can be corrected if need be. There are a number of automatic reports available and also an option to design your own reports more suited to your needs.
The support over the internet by 'User Forum' is excellent. The few enquiries I have had to make have all be answered satisfatorily and all within 24 hours.
Highly recommended.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Lowest Price