Persona Contraception Monitor, 8 Test Refill Pack
|Price:||£12.99 (£1.62 / each)|
|You Save:||£2.00 (13%)|
- A natural, hormone free method of contraception with no side effects
- 94% reliable based on independent trials, Persona is 94% reliable when used according to instructions and as the only method of contraception. this means that if 100 women use Persona for one year, six are expected to become pregnant as a result of sex on a green light day due to persona incorrectly identifying their fertile days. **Persona must be used according to the enclosed instructions. Persona offers no protection from sexually transmitted infections or hiv, the virus which causes aids
- Tracks changes in your levels of estrogen and luteinising hormone in urine
- Natural and non-invasive
- Suitable for cycles no shorter than 23 days and no longer than 35 days
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Legal DisclaimerUnless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
A hormone-free method of contraception with no side effects, that is 94 per cent reliable* Persona consists of a hand held monitor and simple urine tests. Each cycle you will do eight tests (16 in the first cycle only) to detect the changing levels of two key hormones - estrogen and luteinising hormone - to find out whether you are free to make love without contraception (green days) or are at risk of pregnancy (red days).
*Persona is 94 per cent reliable, i.e. when used according to instructions and as the only method of contraception, 6 in 100 women using Persona for 1 year are expected to become pregnant. The typical use failure rate while using Persona for a year is similar to the per cent of women that would become pregnant using barrier methods of contraception (such as condoms) for the same period.
- 8 x Test sticks
- 1 x Instructions
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's a great solution if, like me, you cannot use other methods such as The Pill.
It is totally natural and makes you far more aware of your cycle.
I agree with everything the previous reviewer has said but would also add;
- stick with it for at least 6 months while the device 'learns' your cycle. You get a lot of 'red days' when you first start using it and it feels a bit frustrating, but once you've been using it regularly and correctly, the red days come down to about 5 per month.
- if you have very erratic cycles or very short/very long cycles, it may not be for you as it can only cope with a certain level of variation (but it's still a pretty wide tolerance).
- yep, travelling with it can be a pain, especially if you're changing time zones. Tip: Keep a few of those sterile sample bottles (from your GP) so you can collect the first urine of the day but store it for the when you get the 'amber light' which is a specfic 6 hr time window (that you choose). Obviously this course of action is generally only necessary on the odd occasion... before I put you off!
I think this system is marvellous and regularly recommend it (should the topic arise!). It's nicknamed the 'catholic mating machine' in our house! :o)
Not so sure about using it as contraceptive as there are a lot of red days (when you have to abstain from sex) but if you are looking for a natural method then this is OK. It is a lot of messing about, remembering to check your monitor every morning and having to wee in a container if you wake up too early - all of which you don't mind if you are trying for a baby, but to do it as part of a daily routine, just so you know if you can have sex seems, perhaps, more hassle that it's worth.
For tracking ovulation though, it is a big winner. Apparently it is cheaper than the Clearblue ovulation kit - which is marketed for women trying to conceive and therefore is priced at a premium (desperate women spend more money!) although it is made by the same company and does exactly the same thing.
Also, it takes a couple of months to get more green days, so be ready to use extra contraception if you want to decrease your chances of pregnancy
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As long as you don't mind the possibility of falling into the 6% unreliable zone then this product is great for couples who like the natural and unhindered approach. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Rachel