- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 6268 KB
- Print Length: 128 pages
- Publisher: Tuttle Publishing; 2 edition (18 Feb. 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00B77AL22
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,400,030 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£4.99|
Save £0.25 (5%)
Periplus Pocket Japanese Dictionary: Japanese-English English-Japanese (Periplus Language) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 128 pages|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I lived in Japan before moving to Hong Kong, and was always aggravated when I would look up a word and my dictionary (ies) would give me 5, 10, 20 results. The worst part is, with my android and iphone dictionaries (such as imi wa), the results will also list many possible meanings for that word itself.
Now, this is a much better dictionary than most, however; after only just skimming through it for a few minutes I have already noticed some issues:
1. I looked up 'Nightmare' and there were no results. Now, the reason for this is that Japanese simply say "Warui Yumei" aka bad dream. Unfortunately, the book did not include the word 'Nightmare'. For a Native English speaker, it would have been nice for them to have at least included an entry for this word such that it would read: Nightmare Warui Yumei 悪い夢 and vice-versa.
2. I looked up 'Otosu' to test out the dictionary, and the word wasn't even listed! Of course, when I looked up 'To drop' in Japanese, guess what the first word that showed up was...Yep, 'Otosu'.
3. Lack of Hiragana. I understand that this book is made especially for beginners, and I appreciate the Kanji, however, it is a bit difficult to get used to the English phonetics.
Anyway, I would still say that this is a high-quality book and that it is much better than most dictionaries out there. If Periplus would revise it, it would be even better. Thanks!
You Can Learn a Bunch of phrases in 30 minutes!
I Extremely Recommend this Dictionary For People who wants to learn japanese in the easy way!
it is NOT A BOOK TO LOOK UP WORDS
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Languages > By Language > Japanese
- Books > Reference > Language
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Asia > Japan
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Guidebook Series
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Foreign Languages
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Reference > Kindle Default Dictionaries
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Asia