on 11 January 2016
Having previously purchase the top of the range Falke versions and heaving read the reviews for these I thought that I would give them a go. They arrived pretty quickly on standard delivery terms and having tried them on, can say that they fit very well but compared to the Falke versions they are noticeably thinner - they do not have the quality feel but then they are a fraction of the cost. The question is whether they perform as well on the slopes - I have fitted ski boots which work well with thinner socks than I was used to before when hiring boots. (Believe me, fitted boots are well worth the money). In view of my doubts and my dislike of cold feet, I also purchased silk under socks to use in combination with these and this combination worked well. No complaints at this price - in fact, good value for money.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 February 2015
I got the 5.5-8 and it was slightly big, maybe because of the wool. I am wearing 6.5 shoes.
Very good pair of socks. Used them for skiing. Kept my feet very warm during snowstorm conditions. Also very comfortable with the ski boots.
I was skiing around 4 hours per day and didnt get any blisters or anything
on 19 November 2015
These are quite nice socks which provide more support than cheap tube socks whilst not costing ridiculous amounts, so a good value for money compromise. I have bought several pairs for a winter sports trip, however 1 blue pair I purchased had two right socks. Clearly the quality control at the VCA Textil factory isn't very good. So in summary nice socks but you might have the hassle of having to return them :-(
review image
on 5 November 2015
Bought 2 blue pairs last year, and used them basically every single day last season. My original 2 pairs are still holding up after a full season, but I wanted to increase my sock stock! Now I've bought 2 more pairs, I can't remember whether this was the case last year, but 'straight out of the packet' they were on the big side and it appeared none of the socks were the same length (up to an inch out). I've ran them through the washing machine and tumble drier which does seem to have improved the situation though.
on 20 January 2015
I haved worked outdoors for 30years and have found that Ski socks keep my feet warm and dry.I only found out some 8yrs.ago
through a friend who does a lot of hill walking,and I have never looked back.
on 19 November 2014
These are nice and thick and warm. The padding is in just the right areas. They seem well made so they will hopefully last a long time.
on 15 December 2015
I hope its visible that I gave ZERO stars. Look at the photo ! Two right foot socks. Also they are HUGE. I got size 8.5-11 for my shoes size 9 and they are so loose that even if they were a correct pair I would have chosen to lose money and not wear them. Have no idea why such poor quality product is available under amazon prime ! Hope this gets returned without hassle.
review image
on 20 November 2014
Great fit, snug warm and padded
on 25 March 2014
Great product for the money, wore them, with no problems, comfortable, warm & did the job, which makes the skiing even better !
on 26 November 2014
Very quick delivery and very comfortable socks. Have tried them on a 2 hour ski session and they were very warm as well.