- Paperback: 284 pages
- Publisher: Buddhist Publishing Group; New edition edition (1 July 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0946672288
- ISBN-13: 978-0946672288
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.6 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,183,392 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Perfection of Wisdom: The Short Prajanaapaaramitaa Texts: The Short Prajnaparamita Texts Paperback – 1 Jul 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
It also becomes clear that they must have been spiritual aristocrats, persons who had in fact achieved Enlightenment and who, though scholars, were writing from the point-of-view of the Enlightened. Given this, these texts present us with certain problems.
Edward Conze (1904-1979) has been called "the foremost Western scholar of the Prajnaparamita literature" and it seems to me that he has in his various works (such as, for example, his Buddhist Wisdom Books and to a lesser extent in the present book) gone as far as it is possible for a scholar to go in explaining these difficult sutras to a modern audience. I also feel that his many translations of the Prajnaparamita far surpass most others in their clarity and beauty.