Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 9 April 2016
I downloaded this book as a 99p offer onto the kindle app on my phone. I had read Jane Wenham-Jones'Wannabe a Writer? (Secrets to Success) several times and enjoyed the humour in it so thought this would be worth a try. I have to say I was not disappointed. From the start the book made me chuckle and the drama in the prologue was a very good indicator of the story to come. Stephanie, the main character was very well though out, in fact the description of how she felt unappreciated and lost in her role as housewife almost brought me to tears it was so true to my situation. Her former lover Troy reappears on the scene and appears to be offering a way out of the mundane life she has found herself living in, until she sees him together with his wife and realises that he actually hasn't changed very much since she was involved with him all those years before. The story flows well even though at times it is hard to keep up with who is who and everyone seems to be having relationships on the side. The hint of tabloid involvement is just that, barely touched upon in the book as the relationships take centre place, and probably would not have been missed had it not been there. The story finishes with Stephanie coming to terms with what she has and what she stands to lose by becoming involved with Troy once again. This was a fun read and one that I am sure I will come back to over and over again, even if only to reassure myself that to feel bored and unappreciated with what I have got is perfectly normal
on 26 June 2017
A really good read. Read most of it in the car journey to our holiday destination, and finished the rest off this evening. Easy to pick up the story where you left off. Good fun characters and a different story line to usual. I think a few people would be able to relate to how the characters feel at certain points during this book.
on 5 September 2014
Don't bother reading this book i didn't even get half way in the book, no matter how many times i tried to read it (because i hate not finishing a book) i just couldn't. the first chapter was good but after that it went down hill and then just got confusing and boring. I really thought this book was gonna be great after reading the description but i couldnt have been more wrong. I read about 2-3 books a week and yeah not all are great but this is the first time i have never finished a book no matter how boring it is. waste of money.
on 7 February 2014
as always and excellent read and very easy to follow story loved how the story unfolded keep up the good work
on 25 August 2012
I struggled to read the first few chapters. There were quite a lot of characters and trying to work out who was married to who and having an affair with who was hard going. However I'm glad I percevered it turned out to be quite a pleasant read. However I would have been good to know more about the agency perfect alibis. The concept of the agency is very clever and could provide a book of its own.
on 2 August 2014
Really deserves the five stars, what a really great story. Loved it from beginning to end and couldn't put it down till I finished it. The story flowed so right, from chapter to chapter. Can't wait to start on another of her books. Definitely recommended.
on 21 December 2013
I enjoyed this book immensely. Stef begins work in a recruitment agency with a difference and then meets an old flame. Not just any old flame but the one that got away. Poignant and unexpected.
on 29 April 2017
Not an incredible story but ok. Not exactly a yhriller. He t t t t t t t t t
on 26 March 2017
It was a slow read not really gripping or a page turner in fact it was a bit boring to be honesr
on 20 February 2014
Although I enjoyed the book it was very confusing in parts, tote point where I had to keep going back to 're read the previous page, also at the end it seemed very rushed and could of said year one etc