Pentax X90 Digital Camera - Metallic Blue (12MP, 26x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 12.1 Megapixel CCD sensor
- Wide angle 26x super telezoom (equ. to 26 676mm in 35mm)
- Video recording in HDTV compatible (1280x720 pixels, 30 fps)
- CCD shift shake reduction
- High Speed continuous shooting: up to 11 fps (at 5MP)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Pentax X90 Digital Camera - Metallic Blue (12MP, 26x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
Sony DSCH400 Digital Compact Bridge Camera - Black
Sony DSCH300 Digital Compact Bridge Camera - Black
Panasonic DMC-FZ72 Camera Black 16.1MP 60xZoom 3.0LCD FHD 20mm Lumix DC Vario
Fujifilm FinePix S9800 Bridge Digital - Black (16.2 MP, 50x Optical Zoom)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.co.uk||gsm m||Picsio||TODO! TODO!|
|Display Size||2.7 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches||3 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||12.1 megapixels||20.1||20.1||16.1||16.2 megapixels|
|Has Image Stabilization||—||Yes||Yes||—||Yes|
|Item Dimensions||10.9 x 11.1 x 8.38 cm||71.7 x 6.1 x 42.9 cm||73.5 x 6 x 44.6 cm||11.82 x 13.02 x 9.7 cm||11.62 x 12.26 x 8.69 cm|
|Item Weight||400 grams||0.63 kg||495 grams||0.56 kg||0.58 kg|
|Max Focal Length||676 mm||1,550 mm||954 mm||1,200 mm||215 mm|
|Min Focal Length||26 mm||24 mm||157.5 mm||20 mm||4.3 mm|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||12 megapixels||20.1||20.1||16.8||16.79 megapixels|
|Removable Memory||Secure Digital card||Memory Stick||Memory Stick; Secure Digital card||Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card||Secure Digital card; Secure Digital card|
|Special Feature||Serial Shot Mode; Shutter Priority; Aperture Priority||Serial Shot Mode||-||Serial Shot Mode^Shutter Priority^Aperture Priority||Shutter Priority^Aperture Priority|
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Please note that these are customer returns from high street catalogue companies. Items have been returned either under the 7 day cooling off period or any other reason i.e have slight scratches/dents, missing instruction manuals, original packaging, etc.. All items are checked and repacked.
Top customer reviews
The Pentax X90 is amazing! We are pretty hopeless knowing SLR type manual settings, but the automatic settings plus the huge range of various possible modes where you need a little extra help, (sunsets, night time, sports etc) are wonderful. We can't believe some of the shots we've taken - needless to say our favourites are the incredible telephoto ones (clear in spite of wobbly hands due to the Shake Reduction function - even without a tripod most of the time) and also the macro shots that show such detail ... not sure I always want to see insects like that!
Frankly, we are amazed at the great pictures we are getting with little effort. The other thing is that we are looking at our world differently now - looking for new angles, interesting views, plants and insects that we wouldn't normally look at. The zoom is simply phenomenal. We have an excellent pair of binoculars, but the Pentax zoom is even better than these as, short of using a tripod, the binoculars are always shaking at long distances - we can take a photo and, Abracadabra, the photos is solid and un-blurred! Neat!
Light and easy to carry - not sure how robust it is as we've only had it 6 weeks and we've been treating it very, very gently - never had a camera as good as this!
I have had this camera for some six weeks now and overall I am very happy with it. Battery life is good, lasting for just under 300 frames of fine standard. The quality of images produced is excellent,sharp and clear.The range of options within the menu is staggering. My only gripe is that the zoom facility does not allow you to zoom back if you need to without going all the way and then having to re frame to get the image you want. It would be better if you could go partially back to change rather than going the whole hog!!
Overall I would recommend this camera despite not being too sure about the colour!!
In my opinion, the Pentax X90's strengths are as follows:
1) Obviously - the zoom power, which makes taking long distance pics of the natural world (and zooming to avoid obstructions in compositions) very easy. As far as I can tell, the 26x is all without compromising picture quality; beyond that it becomes a digital zoom and the quality becomes more grainy. A tripod is needed at that level for stability.
2) Ease of use - the camera is easily operable without many, or any, checks of the manual, and on the whole, works intuitively in taking photos reviewing them, and altering them etc.
3) The X-90 has built in software to allow black and white, colour-emphasis and other tints, and other special effects on photos you have taken.
4) Picture quality is pretty good - colours are reasonably vivid. It pales, as expected, in any comparison with SLR cameras - my girlfriend's
Olympus PEN pictures are always deeper in colour and visual depth - but for a camera half the price and with its own strengths, this is acceptable.
5) There are a very wide range of Mode settings (sunset, low light, landscape, sports etc etc) and video is easy to shoot.
1) There may be a way around this but it's not at all obvious how to set the camera *always* to revert to a narrower ISO range on start up - it constantly defaults to 100-800 and this produces far too much brightness in resulting photos. I have had to manually set the camera each time I switch it on to 200 max, which is not ideal.
2) Start up is not super-quick and, I think, has slowed from perhaps 5 seconds fro pressing ON to being ready to shoot, to 7 or 8 as my memory card fills up. Frustrating if you need to take a very quick image.
3) In review mode, you can rotate images to view them but when transferred to a computer they remain un-rotated.
4) The casing for the X90 feels a little too plasticky and light for my liking.
Overall I do recommend this camera as great value for money and a solid performer. If you can put up with the slight weaknesses I list above then this is a very good choice at under £300.
I have produced great close ups when in Rome recently, without a tripod. Panorama photos are quite difficult in bright light but i`ve taken some good ones. I`m an amateur and havent really used all the settings, ie xposure, shutter speed etc.
I have found it a bit hard taking photos of my grandson as he wont stay still, but need to master the manual controls really.
I would recommend this camera for a starter Slr, or for someone with a keen interest in photography.
The price is really good and worth the money, i dont feel its cheap and plasticky.
^6 months on......
the shutter/zoom button has started to stick which means i have to turn the camera off and on to reset it to enable me to take a photo. If this continues, i will be returning the camera
Most recent customer reviews
It's EXACTLY what I hoped it would be, very easy to use, great quality...Read more
I would recommend this camera to anyone. A friend has bought one and is very happy with it.Read more
Look for similar items by category