Customer reviews

on 13 September 2015
I adore this fragrance BUT ...
After a few uses I took it with me in my bag. Mysteriously it appeared to leak. I discovered the stopper was no longer working and kept falling off. I have still got 2/3 of the contents but it has to sit at home and I can't carry it anywhere it in my bag. This is a premium product at a high price. It is not acceptable that the packaging is so poor.
After some difficulty finding a customer service email address I complained. The reply told me that it was 'a known issue' and I should extract a ring from inside the stopper and each time I use it replace the ring to wedge the stopper on.
So Penhaligons has no hesitation selling a high price fragrance in a faulty bottle and expecting the purchaser to live with it. The product is not fit for purpose. In a second email I pointed this out. I have yet to hear from them. I am disappointed and angry.
on 21 July 2017
I love this, I am surprised it is described as unisex because for me it is very definitely masculine. I was given a sample when I bought some other Penhaligon's products a few years ago and gave it to my husband to try. I was hooked. To me it's a classic scent rather than 'modern', very clean smelling, 'gentlemanly' and sophisticated. I absolutely adore it on my husband, which of course he likes, but luckily he likes it too. Its like cat nip to me. (I do also love gin & tonic.) I don't let him wear it every day because I don't want to get used to it.
on 20 March 2017
Lovely warm smell of juniper, remarkable scent which lasts with a clean G & T aroma. This will please any man (or woman) with it's distinctive perfume, striking a clean and energising note, ideal for work or play. And certain to be appreciated as a gift.
on 18 July 2017
Exactly as described.
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2015
Wow, who knew smelling like you've been dumped in a barrel of Bombay Saphire could be such a good thing! This unique and exciting fragrance from Penhaligons delivers exactly what it says, and yet manages to surprise with its sophistication. The scent is full of juniper berries, cardamon and other botanicals. It has a herbal, fresh smell which is exactly like gin but with a sweetness and a sophisticated finish that is delightful. I would be happy to wear this all day. Definitely a scent that will stand out from the crowd!
VINE VOICEon 12 February 2015
I enjoy unisex scents as I think the smell differently on different people but still similar and reassuring. I have never drunk Gin so am reliably informed that that is the overriding smell here. I could make out the pepper and the warm sweetness. It smells very much like 'outdoors' and like it for for outdorsy people.
This is lovingly packaged. I can understand why people will love this, but it's not for me.
on 16 February 2015
Very fresh and modern fragrance that works really well for men and as a day time or work fragrance for women as it is not too sweet.

I bought a couple of the shower gels for Christmas presents for people at opposite ends of the age spectrum and was given some of the fragrance samples. The shower gel is going down a treat with both of them and the shower gel may be a risk free way of seeing if this is the right fragrance for you.

The whole concept is very different and contemporary. Once upon a time smelling of gin was frowned upon .............. In this there is a playful reference when you first smell it because of the juniper berries and then it becomes deeper and richer. Sort of spicy and rich. So you get this really clean whoosh up front and then this warmth. Very clever.

Packaging is fantastic and it is the lovely Penhaligon's bottle I have loved for ever.
on 12 February 2014
I bought this for my boyfriend wanting to try something new and different. Worth every penny as the bottle just lasts for such a long time as you only need a few squirts. The fragrance is so fresh and appealing. Highly recommend!!
VINE VOICEon 13 February 2015
This beautifully packaged unisex fragrance is fresh and spicy. It's top notes are pure Bombay Sapphire, but with very peppery base notes. It's a quality scent, and it's different but not really for me.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 February 2015
Surprisingly, when asked to identify this fragrance in a testing evening one lady supped it up as smelling of 'post-it' notes. A little harsh but a lot of people identified with the ozone, paper hints that were coming off this. Hard to describe adequately but this seemed to work for a lot of the people smelling this fragrance. I found it to be light with hints of pineapple. Others again said they picked up grapefruit and citrus. I think this is one of those perfume's that polarise people. I think with the right person this could smell wonderful and for others it could be a flop.

See one answered question