on 13 April 2009
Our family used this guide for a one week tour around the Peloponnese and found it great fun and very useful. We spotted one mistake - a hotel that was east not west of a village - but otherwise the enthusiasm for everything from the mythology to the food of the region was terrific. We didn't need another guide for the sites or history and the hotel and restaurant information was pretty accurate.
on 30 October 2009
When it comes down to the nitty gritty this book is exactly what you want while exploring the Pelopponese.A detailed guide to every town and site worth mentioning in the area.

There are just two drawbacks. Firstly the order of the entries is not always logical so the index is the way round this book. That is just a minor quibble. A greater irritant is that the style can be very odd indeed. This may be that something is lost in translation or that the authors are using phrases common in Greek but not normally used in English...Sometimes a description can be great but sometimes it is all a bit overwhelming.
I live on the northern coast of the Peloponnese and so I know the region fairly well already. I was amazed by this book - it is so detailed and well researched. In addition to the major historical and cultural sites, the authors have included many interesting places that are off the beaten track and deserve to be re-discovered. I would say in following some of their itineraries, that these authors have opened up areas of the Peloponnese that have been hidden away since the mule and donkey vanished from the countryside. I don't know another Peloponnese guide that I would recommend more highly. It would take a life-time to explore everything in this book.
on 21 September 2011
I bought this as a little reading for my wife who has never been to the Peloponese before whilst I have several times. It looks very good with a lot of local information, perhaps I will be able to supplement this review in November when we get back.
on 8 October 2009
THE BOOK HAS HARDLY ANY PICTURES, AND EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK TO GO, IT WAS THE BEST!, THE BEST PLACE, BEST BEACH....AND OBIOUSLY NO EVERYTHING IS AS GOOD AS IT SAYS.