Customer reviews

Pedag Unisex-Adult Viva Sport Insole 181 Red 42 EU
Size: 8 Mens UK|Colour: Red|Change
Price:£14.78+ Free shipping

on 22 January 2018
I bought these to try and mitigate my Plantar Fasciitis, especially when running. I replaced the insole in my running shoes with these and went for a run, but after 20 minutes had to stop as the raised pad in the middle of the insole, which is supposed to provide cushioning for the metatarsal, felt like I had a marble in my shoe - it was very painful! I've since tried them in my shoes and they are great for walking - lots of support and very comfortable, but considering I bought these specifically for running, I'm disappointed that they ended up being worse than just using the standard insole.

Update - I use this just in my everyday walking shoes & boots now and after about a month, my Plantar Fasciitis seems to have completely resolved. Not sure if it's just down to using these insoles, but they are very comfortable and I'll be getting a second pair so I don't have to keep moving them from shoe to shoe.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 November 2015
I was advised to wear insoles over 20 years ago. Since then I have tried quite a few, including NHS ones which were moulded to my foot, and a pair of rubbery 3/4 ones which cost under a tenner and were recommended by a leading podiatrist. They all have their uses.

These days I mainly rely on Pedag 'green' insoles. These are made of fibres which mould themselves to the shape of the foot, and I find them quite comfortable. Over time, however, the fibres become crushed and you start to get a hard landing. When these Pedag 'red' came up on an offer I thought I would try them as the rubbery material promised a softer landing ...

... and that's what you get. Both 'green' and 'red' insoles have the proven Pedag plastic base at the heel end (see the photo). This base includes a rubbery heel cushion plus the Pedag 'bulge' at the mid-point. This 'bulge' gives the foot a pivot point which promotes a natural 'rolling' walk. (There is probably a technical term for this.) It feels odd to start with, but you soon get used to it and - for me anyway - it does help, especially with one of my feet which otherwise tends to plonk itself flat on the pavement without rolling much. At the 'red' front end you have the springy rubbery layer instead of the fibre layer on the 'green', and this is where runners will be happy, I imagine: you get a good bounce-back from this. If you run on the balls of your feet I would say this would work well. For me, for walking, I find that this bounce-back tends to interrupt my normal walking rhythm. Not disruptive, but a little bit odd. Over a couple of walks I have become used to it, but if you only want an insert for arch support (plus a mid-foot 'bulge') you may find the Pedag 'green' a better choice.

I was surprised at the springiness of the Pedag 'red' insoles. Although they are not absolutely perfect for my walking needs I will continue to use them because they are well up to usual Pedag standards and do a good job. And runners will probably love 'em!
One person found this helpful
on 14 February 2017
These insoles have helped to remove the pain of Mortons neuroma in my right foot. I can now walk about 5 miles without pain, which is a big improvement.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 February 2018
Absolutely brilliant. I got an identical pair of these insoles from a local shop at Christmas as I have suffered with plantar fasciitis for six months. They have helped alleviate the pain in my heels and make walking much easier than it has been. Rather than keep switching them between shoes I bought a second pair. I was pleased to find the identical product on Amazon but £10 cheaper.
I can’t recommend them highly enough.
on 2 May 2018
Comfortable insoles. The raised area in the centre felt a bit odd to start with but getting used to it. Probably best to replace the original insole. I have put them on top of existing, as trainers are too wide, however this means my heel is raised a bit too high in relation to the back of the shoe.
on 12 January 2018
The insoles are fine, we have used them before and find them very comfortable. However the packaging was huge much larger than needed and as I ordered them together was surprised to find they arrived in two separate packages what a waste!!
on 2 October 2017
very good combination or shock/impact absorption and support. Very pleased
on 27 April 2015
These insoles feel great and have the support in all the right places but they were too thick for the ballet pump kind of shoes I bought them for. I would recommend using them in boots, walking shoes, trainers etc but not dainty women's shoes!
One person found this helpful
on 25 March 2015
I love the Pedag Viva products, i spend 12 hours a day on my feet at work, and used to be in agony with my feet. Using those insoles made such a huge difference, no pain at all even after all day.
on 30 August 2017