Customer reviews

Size: 12.75 kg|Change

on 24 November 2012
I bought this product mainly because of other reviews and apparent value for money. The bag has a zip seal, which helps keep the seed fresh. There was clearly a good mix of seed but the mix is very finely ground, almost to powder, which leads to the feeders becoming clogged very easily. There is a preponderance of ground peanut and the mix smells like peanut butter. I also found that the birds threw quite a lot of it away, leaving a big mess to clean up afterwards. As I think it will be very difficult to train the birds to be more tidy, I will look elsewhere for my next bag of seed in the hope that they throw away less and eat more! Might be OK in some gardens, but it doesn't work for me.
22 Comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 December 2015
I wanted to see if this really is an all purpose feed, as claimed. I usually buy a sack of mixed seed and another sack of blackbird and robin food. I have a wide variety of birds visiting my garden and they have clear preferences. The blackbirds and robins don't like the seed the others devour with relish. I'm delighted to say this 'complete, all seasons ' certainly hits the spot. This morning there were chaffinch, Dunnock, sparrows, starling, a blackbird and two robins all ground feeding happily. Later a wagtail arrived and tucked in. The feed went in no time and my only problem will be putting more out because they like it so much. It's clean and pleasant to handle and I'll certainly buy it agai
on 28 November 2014
This is the 'no mess' version of the Peckish range of bird seed mixes so does not germinate. However dropped seed, if it builds up, absorbs water and starts to rot, leaving a slimy mess. Mostly ground feeders clear the dropped seeds but occasionally it has been a problem. There is not a lot of dust in the pack, which I have had with other producers of seed mixes.

The birds certainly love this mix and flock to it more than if I use the standard mix, which has not had the husks removed. Perhaps they are getting lazy and don't want to crack the seeds open!
I switched to this Peckish Complete All Season Wild Bird Seed for the summer from the Peckish Winter Warmer and I'll admit I was partly seduced by the fact this version is a bit cheaper. However, I don't think this feed is as a good as Winter Warmer (which despite its name can be used all year round). Firstly, the birds don't actually seem to eat as much of this seed but are selective about which bits they do consume and then discard the rest around the feeder. Overall, this mix seems more grainy and less seedy than Winter Warmer too and given the waste this variety could work out more expensive. I'd rate this mix as just okay and will be going back to Winter Warmer.
on 20 February 2015
Having read some of the negative reviews, I can't believe I'm reviewing the same product. I'm now on my second bag of Peckish and it's just as good as the first. Unlike some reviewers, I don't have any noticeable level of dust in with the seed, which in the two bags I've had to date has all been nicely de-husked. As for birds not liking it, our wildlife can't get enough of the stuff; it's proving way more popular than anything I've offered them before. Their preferred nosh used to be suet blocks and fat balls. Not any longer. Now it's Peckish and mealworm they're going for, leaving the suet neglected and unloved. Nor do I have a problem with seed germinating - though as the local pigeons patrol the area below my feeders like guards at a high-security prison, any seed discarded by the smaller birds using the feeders is despatched by the pigeons PDQ. Seriously though, I can't recommend this stuff highly enough.
on 29 April 2014
I have 15 bird feeders in my garden all with different types of bird food in, and this one is by far the most popular. The sparrows especially spend all day going back and forth to the feeder with this seed in. The little bits that they knock out the feeder onto the floor the pigeons will clean up in no time, so there's no mess.

As you can imagine, with 15 feeders I go through a lot of bird food, and I was fed up with going to the pet shop once or twice a week for the smaller 2kg bags of this and decided to plump for the bigger bag on here, and it was the best decision. My first bag lasted me from 25th Feb to 29th April, which is fantastic value. I've just ordered my second bag and will try to go for the bigger 12kg bag next time.

I wish they would start doing bigger bags of the Winter Warmer and Peanut Bites.
on 22 April 2017
I recieved this item today but noticed that the item I received does not have the pouring spout as pictured.

A minor complaint but the spout would be ALOT easier to carefully pour out the seeds, as the bag I have with a full zip seal, is messy to pour.
on 22 April 2016
This used to be my regular choice in bird seed, however I found that the quality seemed to be deteriorating, birds, even wood pigeons were picking amongst it looking for the decent food, spilling most of it, falling on the ground the seed germinated and most of it was grass. I no longer buy this product.
on 31 May 2017
Our wild birds loved the Peckish winter warmer seed mix so I switched to this all season version as we were moving into summer.

I'm now glad I didn't buy a larger bag because the wild birds I do want to feed (blue tits, robins etc) are giving our feeder a wide berth. I'll be switching back to the other formula.
on 6 May 2017
Nice big bag of seeds and feed. Once you open it you need to store it in a box as it's not a resealable bag. That's my only issue. But it will last a year or so