on 22 December 2012
(I don't know why I have been asked to rate this as a 'toy'! but I would give it 5*s as a baking accessory)
Love these! I used these to decorate my wedding cake, stick well with edible glue and don't melt or run, and taste good (no broken teeth among my guests anyway!). Look fine on standard regal ice white icing despite being ivory. I used them to 'stud' all over the cake. Have since used them as flower centers for a christening cake too. They fit beautifully into the middle two flower sizes of the four PME sprung blossom cutters set, but are a bit big for the smallest and look a little lost in the center of the biggest one. Lots in a bag -I have done my 4 tier wedding cake and the christening cake and the bag is still going!
on 25 October 2012
I was initially very pleased with the amount of pearls and, along with the 'utterly scrumptious cake wraps', they look beautiful. However, they don't actually look like pearls, more like boring white plastic balls. This was the reason I gave it 3 stars overall. There is no pearly coating or
upper layer. Perhaps it would be worth it, though, if you had pearl lustre spray to make it actually look like a pearl. But it is very good value for money.
on 6 October 2011
The sugar balls are perfect decoration for cupcakes! Also for detailed decorating for all sorts of cakes. This is cupcake heaven
on 18 August 2015
I got these to potentially use to decorate my wedding cake, however when they arrived I found them to be more peach in colour than ivory.
They could also do with being slightly more 'shimmery/pearlised'. Apart from this they weren't bad, and went well with royal icing, being crunchy but not so to break ones teeth!
on 2 March 2013
First of all, it took over a week for these to arrive -- the first package somehow got lost in the mail so I had to contact the seller and have a second shipment sent out. Secondly, the dragees are stored in a plastic baggy that is taped shut. I had to carefully peel away the tap to not compromise the bag because I don't have anywhere else to store these things. I can't think of a worse container for a product like this -- one false move and they will all end up on the floor. Thirdly, the quality control here is poor -- several of the balls are fused together which looks horrible when you're trying to create a specific cushion effect on a cupcake. Fourthly, the pearl like paint covering these balls comes off when you handle the balls. USELESS! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER.
on 22 October 2013
These are great for cakes, but a little smaller than I had realised. Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the measurements or weight. I had wanted them to go around the bottom of a cake as a border, but I think it would be very fiddly to do that with these.
on 23 May 2012
i received these sugar balls quite fast.i bought them to put on a wedding cake i am making someone,and i thought it would give it a nice touch.i would recommend this seller.thank you
on 9 September 2011
Excellent product - it arrived in good time and was packeaged well. Very pleased with the service I received. Thank you very much!
on 22 May 2014
Like a previous reviewer, I found that the pearlised pearls looked slightly plastic in appearance at first in the bag, but once decorating the cake, they added prettiness to my daughter's wedding cake.
on 13 August 2014
wanted ivory pearls for wedding cake and even though it stated ivory on packet the pearls were white. i do not have time to send them back before the wedding as it is a week away, so have had to order more.