Customer reviews

on 4 September 2015
This is not only the best Peanuts collection I have, but probably the best cartoon collection I have ever seen, and I own about a hundred. It is certainly better than the new complete collection, of which I have bought the first two volumes, as this book lovingly describes the history as the cartoons are presented. The only complaint I have is a trivial one. They have used lots of old cartoons as a sort of wallpaper throughout the book. I know they were not put there to read, but I managed using a magnifying glass. I wish they were a bit bigger, and that none of them were cut off, as they are lovely, historical carttons.
I strongly recommend this book to anyone with an interest in the history of Peanuts. Now I think I shall start reading it again!
on 21 February 2015
excellent history of the Art of Schultz.
on 25 April 2003
This wonderful book is designed like an album, and is actually a collection of some of Charles M. Schulz's favorite cartoons. Lots of things are included in here, such as items from his sketchbook, early cartoons of his (including Li'l Folks, the Peanuts forbearers), tons of Peanuts cartoons, and even some photos. Indeed, some of the items in this book have never been published before!
This is an absolutely wonderful book! It contains cartoons from all over Schulz's career, bringing back tons of memories (such as the earlier drawings of the baby-like Peanuts). So, if you are a fan of Charles M. Schulz's Peanuts, then you must get this book. I highly recommend it!
on 23 August 2015
Adds to very many Peanuts books on my shelves with a lot of cartoons and stories about them which were missing from all the others. A 'must' for Peanuts fans!