- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 622 KB
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Ricky Sides; 1 edition (18 Mar. 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003D7KBZ6
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #233,103 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Peacekeepers. The Citadel. Book 6. Kindle Edition
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Yes it is real low brow stuff but for all of that all 6 books are real page turners.
Not going into detail about the book as this is book 6 and by the time you get here you will have got the drift.
The middle part of the book is a bit melancholy as it deals with the death of a beloved character and the messages that character has left behind for the others. It is very well written and poignant, with some good retrospective on the previous novels in the series.
The last third of the book gets back to the action and introduces us to a rogue U.N. group trying to take over the United States. This group has tanks and attack helicopters, as well as a nuclear missile that is faster than anything the peacekeepers can put up to stop it. The method they attempt is ingenious and well grounded in flight dynamics.
The only reason I rated this as only 4 stars instead of 5 stars was that I thought the middle part, though well done, went on a bit too long, especially for a slow reader like myself who likes lots of action. It is still well worth reading and a great addition to the series.
There are parts of these books concerning the mechanics and theories that cause the Peacekeeper fleet to fly, etc, that don't interest me, but I sort of skim over them to get back to the story. I don't need to know the reasoning behind the workings; I accept it without question. It's a novel, not real life!
I'll continue to buy and read everything that Ricky Sides publishes. I love his two-part Claws "series" (Claws, and book 2, Claws 2. After the Apocalypse.) and I love the Peacekeeper books.
- The only drawback for me is that I use Kindle and at the beginning of the later books they give a summary of the previous boos. Have not figured out how to get around it. Small issue really.
Easy to read and fast paced page turner.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Thrillers
- Books > Fiction > Adventure Stories & Action
- Books > Fiction > War
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts > Plays & Drama
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Drama
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crime, Thriller & Mystery > Crime Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Crime, Thrillers & Mystery > Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Poetry & Drama > Drama & Plays > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Maths > Physics > Electromagnetism