- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (2 May 1991)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521399297
- ISBN-13: 978-0521399296
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.3 x 22.8 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,030,811 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Peace and War: Armed Conflicts and International Order, 1648-1989 (Cambridge Studies in International Relations) Paperback – 2 May 1991
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'… this book is an important contribution that will be useful to both students and colleagues. It is clearly organized and eminently readable. The scale of it forces one to think across a broad sweep of history, and to consider some key-scale trends.' International Affairs
In this book, Professor Holsti approaches the study of the origins of war and the foundations of peace from a distinct perspective. The author identifies the variety of conflict-producing issues and the attitudes of policy makers to the use of force, which have changed over the last 350 years.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Not a bed-time story book, but certainly a must for serious students of war and peace.