Peace Now!: American Society and the Ending of the Vietnam War Paperback – 20 Mar 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"Destined to become required reading for university students of U.S. foreign policy." -- Peter Ling, Times Higher Education Supplement
"Many books have been written on the anti-Vietnam movement, but none quite like Jeffreys-Jones's most interesting and imaginative Peace Now! ... an intelligent and nuanced narrative." -- Melvin Small, Choice
"This highly original book makes an excellent contribution to social history. It is a subtle, complex study of both politics and protest movements in the late 1960s and early 1970s." -- W. J. Rorabaugh
About the Author
Rhodri Jeffreys-Jones, professor of American history at the University of Edinburgh, is the author of many books, including The CIA and American Democracy, published by Yale University Press.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Countries & Regions > Asia > South East Asia
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Military History > Wars, Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > North America > Vietnam War
- Books > History > Social & Economic History
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Civil Liberties & Political Activism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > War & Defence Operations