on 2 February 2013
The Computer does what it says ... this being the second HP I have had ... and I would buy a third. However, as far as Amazon support goes, that is a different matter. The PC came with Windows 8 pre-loaded but without the original discs or a sticker with the licence code. I have written to Amazon four times since 5th Jan 2013 and every time they have assured me that they would reply to my query about this issue with the licence code missing. I have had no response from them regarding this matter. In the end I got tired of waiting and writing so contacted HP who gave me the information that should have been supplied by Amazon. So be warned OEM installed Windows 8 does not now come with a licence code and it it useless trying to get any answer on this sort of issue from Amazon
on 23 February 2013
This is a nice computer, with a fast processor and Windows 8 is very good once a Start Menu has been added. However for a tower case the interior upgradability is poor. It's obvious from the photos that you can only put 1 optical drive in, but there are also fittings for only a single interior drive, which given it's supplied with a 0.5Tb Hitachi seems poor. Otherwise all good.

Don't forget to make the recovery disks, it's not immediately obvious how to do it, but if you don't it will prompt you too eventually.
on 4 January 2013
Having taken the plunge to move from XP to Windows 8 I now love this machine. Delivery was prompt - only 48 hours from ordering. The PC was simple to set up and after a little time Windows 8 is easy. Only problem is I now need a new driver for my Epsom printer.
on 29 January 2013
The computer is as advertised, what isn't emphasized is that it's a mini tower, which means you have no option to add another internal HD it also has a 300W power supply which can't support some of the powerful graphics cards - on both issues I was surprised to learn on after I bought the computer.

This is why I give it only 4 stars, it could have been better if the computer was either a little more powerful or could, at least, support some upgrades
on 19 September 2013
I bought this when my 12 year old computer's hard disk died. Good speed but would love it to have windows 7 instead of the cranky windows 8 installed---Microsoft you should be ashamed to release this poor an operating system
on 27 June 2013
I liked this product very much and pleased that I decided to renew, the only down side is that there was no manual which I did know at the time of purchase, but it is so different from windows 2003. I could do with it, but I did get it at a very good price.
on 5 November 2013
I bought this to re-place an eight year old desktop PC which had given very good service and I hoped this one would be as easy to set up and use as its predecessor. It was really easy to set up - plug it in and it takes over and tells you what to do. So far (about one month's use) it works really well and despite our very slow broadband connection it has improved internet considerably.
on 25 September 2013
A competent machine quite fast, does what it says it will. unfortunately its badly let down by the bewildering Windows 8, which clearly is designed for phone & tablet use. I just could'nt cope with its weird arrangement, and have got a machine running Windows , which is an easy move from Windows X.P.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2013
I bought this unit to try out Windows 8. I was interested to find out if it was as bad as some of the reviews indicated or whether it was an interesting development.. I thought that if it really was as awful as some reviews indicated I'd just install Windows 7 instead. I have to conclude that Windows 8 is even worse than most reviews show. It truly is Windows for Morons. No wonder it's replacement is being hurried along. Unfortunately HP do not supply the BIOS/drivers to support Windows 7 on their latest desktops so you are stuck with Windows 8. This means I have a useless £400 computer in the cupboard, unusable until HP change their policy. I bought from HP as I expected them to have a more well considered support/option policy. How wrong I was.
on 17 May 2013
The goods were all received, well packed and undamaged, after unpacking and assembling, the PC was allowed to boot up and all was fine. The next day however when the computer start button was pressed, the unit failed to boot and not even a bios beep was heard. It was apparent that the PC had developed a hardware fault so the whole lot had be repacked and returned. Very unfortunate! HP are normally good for reliability but not so in this particular case. I decided instead to build up a desktop computer myself - using handpicked components from Amazon, I have now a very fast and reliable pc with everything I need for the work that I do!