- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Pavee Lackeen [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£4.25 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Irish drama-documentary. Ten-year-old Winnie (Winnie Maughan) is the daughter of a family of travellers who live in a trailer in a run-down part of Dublin. As she struggles with her sense of identity, she comes up against the barriers of prejudice and beaurocracy in a prosperous western country that has marginalised a whole community.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The naturalistic quality of the acting is outstanding, this feels like a fly-on-the-wall documentary and is, I imagine, true to its subject matter. Some of the non-traveller parts are a bit stiff, possibly reflecting how uncomfortable 'settled' people feel around travellers. We see no hostility to travellers, which is probably in reality a regular factor in their lives.
The impression I was left with was the pathetic dependency of Winnie's mother on social services. Probably in part because she is a single mother, but any romantic notion of independence from straight society is completely dispelled.
Maybe five stars is a bit strong but I think this deserves wider recognition.
from the travelling community, and it shows the problems they have to put up with of life on the road
a nice little film, and not a single offensive word despite hard times encountered...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Can be slow to watch but if`s a good insight into the real traveller life.Published on 10 Aug. 2014 by Maith an bhean