on 1 May 2017
excellent
on 3 May 2014
bought because of really cool delight. build quality seems to be very good. Only reason I bought it was a fisheye lens. but macro lens is super cool as well! highly recommend.
on 14 August 2017
fish eye lens for Iphone. great for selfies!
on 21 July 2015
Bit of a gimmick but ok for fun
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 October 2014
Lenses work well, quality is ok. A bit fiddly fixing the self adhesive magnetic ring to iPhone to keep it clear of the mic.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 7 May 2015
Detachable lenses for wide-angle and macro. Designed to fit any camera phone.

These are supplementary lenses that when attached to a phone give either a macro (close up) or wide-angle view.

Contents.
-------------
The box contains two lenses, lens caps, magnetic stick on disks to attach the lenses to any phone camera, lens capos and holders, set up instructions.

Set up.
----------
This was easy; just attach the sticky side of the lens attachment disk to the camera and the lens fixes to the camera from the magnetic disk.
It's an ingenious system, no clips and it does not matter what material your phone is made of these will attach!

Please note.
-----------------
When attaching the lens holder magnetic disk to your camera make sure it is correctly centred. Failure to do this will result in poor pictures and focus problems. The lens relies on being symmetrical to your camera lens. If you get poor pictures check the centering, this seems to correct any image quality problems and auto focus issues.

The Macro lens.
----------------------
On my HTC M9 this lens attached easily and allowed me to take pictures from a few inches away from the subject. The overall quality is fine and a good level of detail is obtained. I tried the system on a couple of other phones and it gave excellent results. The auto focus in the camera phone worked well even with the extra lens attached. I also attached it to an old Samsung (pictured) and it gave great pictures.

The wide angle lens.
Again this was easy to attach and use. This lens gives a view of approximately 180 degrees which is very wide. It works well but getting in close gives great distortion effects (see pictures below).
The quality of the pictures is fine and you can have some great fun with this lens.

Overall.
A simple but very effective way of expanding your phone cameras capabilities. The results are good and the attachment system is ingenious meaning you can safely attach these lenses to just about any camera phone, no need for adapters or clips.
For the price the quality is good and the whole package is great fun. It gets a recommended from me for its clever design and quality for the price, but be careful that you align the lens correctly or else it will produce poor images.
VINE VOICEon 2 May 2015
I don't bother taking a camera out with me very often. When my family and I are out and about we find the point-and-shoot ability of a phone camera to be perfect for most occasions. We go to National Trust properties quite a lot and my wife likes to take pictures of the flowers, etc. Some of the shots with a phone leave a little to be desired so that's where these Patuoxun lenses come in. You get two lenses in this pack, a fish eye lens which is good fun to use and a macro lens which we've used for taking close ups of some of the flowers we've seen. They have both performed brilliantly.

In the pack you get the two lens complete with lens' covers and a set of magnetic rings with peel-off adhesive backing. Simply just peel off the backing and stick the metal ring around your camera on your phone. The lenses are magnetic so simply stick to the metal ring on your phone. They're easy to mount and a doddle to use. For the price they are a brilliant addition to anyone who wants to take something a little different with their camera phone.

Great value.
review image review image review image review image
on 8 July 2015
These lenses are really fun to use and give your photos an interesting perspective, which I really like. With a price point of around £5, these are much cheaper alternatives to the Olloclip, a much more expensive iPhone lens. Out of the box, there are two separate lens units, one of which unscrews to reveal another lens. Also included are covers for the lenses and a magnetic attachment

The three lenses are fisheye, macro and wide angle. They are very capable if you are willing to put in the effort to set up and use them. You have to attach a magnetic mount to your phone. This is a small metal ring. It is definitely worth noting that if you use a case, these lenses are not for you. Only a limited number of mounts are included and you cannot use a case with the mount on. Whenever you put a case on, you will have to mount another one and it only comes with a few. Also, the ring is slightly unsightly if you care about the look of your smartphone.

You must make sure that you mount the metal ring central on the camera, so that focusing works and the camera on your phone is not covered. My favourite lens is the fisheye, which works really well. It gives a really cool fisheye effect which is normally not achievable on phones. The wide angle lens and the macro lens are also good, with the macro allowing you to get very close to your subject.

I had some issues with the magnetic ring sticking to my phone and holding the lens because it has to be positioned very precisely. This is a bit annoying but once you get it positioned it should work fine. The adhesive must also be stuck down well otherwise it comes off.

Overall, The lenses do work well, but you cannot use them with a case and the ring is hard to position without it falling off under the weight of lenses. If you don't use a case and you are willing to put a bit of time into mounting the ring, it is definitely worth it, especially at this amazing price.

Disclaimer: I was given these lenses by the manufacturer for an honest review.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 May 2015
This Patuoxun Lens Photo Kit consists of three lenses (two of the lenses are joined together).

Macro Lens (this is joined together with the Wide Angle Lens)
A macro lens is capable of taking photographs which are very close to the subject.

Wide Angle Lens (this is joined together with the macro lens)
A wide angled lens is unbeatable in taking beautiful landscape photographs.

Fish Eye Lens
A fish eye lens is an extremely wide angle lens which produces visually distorted images. Great fun to use and with practice you can take some really good imaginative photographs.

The package contains:
Fish Eye Lens
Wide Angle and Macro Lens (twist gently to separate)
Lens cover
Three magnetic rings
Two loops to attach the lenses to your key ring.
Instruction leaflet

Patuoxun magnetic lenses are made from aluminium and good quality glass, this kit is also very reasonably priced.

I found the lenses very easy to attach to my HTC using one of the magnetic rings. First I needed to attach a self-adhesive ring to my phone making sure my camera built-in lens was perfectly centred (this is an important step to ensure good pictures). Then attach the magnetic ring to the self-adhesive ring and the final step is to attach your choice of lens to the magnetic ring.

I have taken some great shots using these lenses and I am extremely pleased with the results.

The Macro lens has produced some wonderful close ups of various flowers and insects in my garden.

We live in the depths of the Welsh countryside and have some excellent views from the top of our garden. I have managed to capture these views perfectly using the Wide Angled lens.

Now I do not profess to be a photographer of any great ability and it's been a bit of trial and error in using the Fish Eye lens. I have tried taking a range of photos with this lens and my most successful yet has been our three teenage boys sitting on top of our dry stone wall surrounded by Ivy. Very effective it is too.

In summing up ...

I recommend this kit for anyone wishing to improve their scope of pictures taken with their mobile phone camera.

Please note: I was kindly sent this product to test and to give my honest opinion in the form of a review.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 April 2015
For the cost, this is an incredible little set of lenses for use with an iPhone - I used them with my iPhone 5c. You get a fish eye lens, and a wide-view and macro lens. The wide view and macro lenses are screwed together, however they unscrew easily.
The trickiest part of the operation was fitting the metal lens ring to the back of the phone - you have to fit a sticky backed very thin metal ring into place by placing it around the lens - several rings are supplied should the first ring come unstuck at any point. Once this is done, the lenses can be attached. If the phone has a metal case the metal ring won't be necessary.
The lenses themselves have very strong magnets on the back to affix to the metal ring once it's fitted on the case.
I had fun with the distortion of the fish-eye lens and the sweep of the wide view lens, but the most impressive lens of all was the tiny macro lens for close up shots. I've attached a shot which is actually a close up picture of my hairbrush. I haven't got great photography skills but the lens was brilliant .
The instructions are fairly clear and in reasonable English, you also get lens caps and even a tiny little lanyard with a round metal tag to affix to the lenses when not in use.
I didn't expect these to work as well as they did, they really are a fantastic value accessory, quick and easy to set up.
I received these to review without cost but this is my honest and unbiased opinion on them.
review image