- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Pattern Cutting for Lingerie, Beachwear and Leisurewear 2e Paperback – 12 Oct 2004
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
This unique book has become established as the standard work on the subject since it was first published in 1990. It contains a full range of blocks and patterns to cope with all aspects of lingerie, beachwear and leisurewear. Not only the methods of cutting are explained but also the reasoning behind them so that the information can be applied and adapted to other situations.
The new edition includes tips for achieving the best results when taking measurements, optimum fit patterns for close fitting garments, and outstanding patterns for larger cup sizes.
About the Author
Ann Haggar has taught extensively at degree level using her wide industrial experience. She has also written two fashion supplements for the classic books Dress Pattern Designing and More Dress Pattern Designing, both by Natalie Bray.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I would not call the lingerie patterns "sexy", but they are so generic that anyone with some imagination and creative "freedom" should be able to adapt them into whatever they want them to be. There are no photographs, only simple scetches of the finished garments, and as such may not be very inspiring. I plan to get a book on lingerie to keep on the side for visual inspiration myself, and look to Haggar's book for the instructions on how to make them.
This is not for beginners, even if the instructions are detailed.
Some more clear indication of seam allowances (which aren't included) and finishings such as bindings, ties etc. would have been a great help. It is a good reference book for the advanced user.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Book arrived in very good condition,an excellent reference book to have. Second Edition by Blackwell Publishing By Ann HaggarPublished 13 months ago by Moira Clacher
So pleased with this book. Patterns are transferable and comprehensible. Great buy!Published 13 months ago by Anaïs
Really nice book, some very good ideas for creative lingerie making etc, some styles slightly outdated but interesting. And fun nonethelessPublished 13 months ago by Rhys Lannen
Wow, I was skeptical about paying so much for a book but this is sooo worth it. I look forward to using it in the classroomPublished 15 months ago by NolowaGao
Dissapointingly long delivery time, however it's an excellent book, clear, detailed information - worth the wait.Published 17 months ago by Nourco
Great easy to use, the patterns need modernising a bit but are a good foundation.Published 22 months ago by polly Simon
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Fashion
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Textiles
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Fashion Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts
- Books > Business, Finance & Law
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Polymers & Plastics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational > Materials & Industries