Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£8.95|
Save £6.83 (76%)
Paths of Destruction: The Awakened Book Two Kindle Edition
|Length: 276 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
- Book 2 of 6 in The Awakened (6 Book Series)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When I downloaded "The Awakened", it was mainly because the topic sounded interesting and it was free. I was just getting ready to move to England, and I was trying to put a few books on my e-reader before I left... The Awakened was one of those books. It took me 16 months after moving before I even picked up my E-reader ( I had a catrillion real books to get me through). In March I realized there were no more books to read, so I dug out my e-reader and charged it up...
Out of the few books on my e-reader, I choose "The Awakened" to start with, and I have not put it down since. I scrambled to get the next four books and am currently on Book #4. I was hooked within the first few pages... wanting to know what will happen next. The differences between the worlds is well written and thoroughly thought through... My hats are off to Jason Tesar. His imagination is very intense, riveting, and adventurous.
I am not going to write about my thoughts on the particular story because I do not want to ruin any part of these books for anyone else. I am a woman of 58. Normally I read a lot of detective type books with an intertwining of romance on some level. I have absolutely no interest in books depicting wars and battles. I can no longer say that because the Awakened has woken me up to a whole new genre. ENJOY!
PS, As an amateur writer, I was very impressed reading Jason's story on how he wrote this book (his very first novel). it is a true inspiration to all new writers.
A fantastic follow-on from book one, I totally enjoyed reading it and I've also read the third book now. Absolutely brilliant series and for me a great introduction to reading Kindle books.
Book 1 had a great deal of promise, so I was looking forward to the second installment. This too has an excellent opener - in fact, the same opener, just seen from a different perspective. This is fascinating, and immediately answers two questions raised by the previous book - now we know what happened to Adair, and yes, this really is a case of parallel or alternate worlds, with the secret temple at sea acting as some kind of portal. And the cliffhanger from Book One is resolved straight away, too - Kael survived, although there is no indication of how.
Then it's back to Bastul, where we are immediately plunged into a story more action-packed and fast paced than its predecessor. The city (and in fact the whole Orudan Empire) is under attack from the barbarian Syvaku, for reasons unknown, and is soon destroyed, while Lemus meets an appropriate end. Maeryn is forced to become a leader to the freed slaves, while also protecting her now grown daughter Aelia. Kael joins forces with retreating soldier Dacien, using the skills he learned from his life in the monastery.
As the two groups, Maeryn's slaves and Kael's soldiers, traverse the countryside, we get to see some more of the author's created world. Like many other fantasy writers, his world seems to be peculiarly empty, with just a few widely scattered cities, and virtually no other signs of life, particularly farms, until we get to Orud, the capital.
After such a good opening, the middle section was a huge disappointment. A great deal happens to Maeryn and Kael, but somehow it is made to seem dull.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The story is captivating. The battles are written in too much detail for my liking compared to the details of the characters.Published 3 months ago by Flame
The books are enjoyable if only to see what happens at the end, there's some interesting concepts that get slightly obscured by the author's writing style in terms of inserting... Read morePublished 18 months ago by Silverbackcarr
Interesting story line, enjoyed reading it, will keep an eye out for this author in the future and would read other books in this series.Published 23 months ago by Craig feedback
Fantastic series. Exciting developments. Can't wait for the next book.Published on 15 July 2014 by Janice
Was looking forward to the second book in the series and I wasn't disappointed. Cracking good read, look forward to the next book in the series.Published on 23 Feb. 2014 by jayjay
I very gripping story could not put it down had to know what happens next. Loved the way the story followed on from book 1. Would recoment it to family and friendsPublished on 26 Nov. 2013 by janet sands
Currently waiting for book 5, I seem to read them in no time. If you like sci-fi mixed in with the paranormal you will like this series.Published on 15 Sept. 2013 by Rod Fisher
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Greek & Roman
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > General
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Greek & Roman
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Myths & Legends > Norse & Viking
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Coming of Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery