on 3 November 2002
Just when I thought I'd seen 'everything' in patchwork and quilting Kaffe does his "colour magic" again and presents a collection of the most exciting creations I have seen.
Glowing colour as in his previous work in knitting, needlework and decorating books but this time with a discipline and restraint that allows for the readers own concepts to develop as the pages turn.
There are so many quilts to choose from but especially effective is the Handkerchief Corners quilt featuring stripes in rich colours Kaffe has designed and had produced in Indian cotton. I found them available on his web site which helps if you want to start this project. His "Japanese Brocades" quilt is soft and muted in a simple design to allow the fabric to be the 'hero' - the close up photographs show it to be lusterous and simply beautiful
Instructions are clear, diagrammes are helpful and the photography as in his previous books is a joy.
The projects are probably most suited to intermediate to experienced quilters or sewers as the quilting instructions especially presume some prior knowledge.
A gorgeous book - I think his best yet!
on 10 September 2001
This is a beuatiful, bright book with many quilt ideas, mixing blocks of different scales in the same quilt. Most of the quilts use Kaffe Fassett's fabrics, and perhaps my one criticism is that it would have been nice to see more of the quilts made in scrap fabrics.
on 12 December 2006
For me Kaffe Fassett is one of the most inspiration quilt designers I have come across. The designs are simple, and it is easy to create your own interpritation of his ideas, but the most stunning aspect of his work is his use of colour, it leaves me stunned and breathless every time. It has made me bold with my own work, it has made me throw together colours I would never have dreamed of putting together, it has helped me relax and make freinds with colour - and when I feel down, just sitting in my quilt room, leafing through his books always raises my spirits!

Passionate Patchwork is just another fabulous example of this - even if you never make anything from it, it will influence you in some way.
on 1 May 2014
This is my absolute favourite patchwork book - and I have lots. I return to it time and time again and always find something else to inspire me - whether Kaffe Fasset's words, his descriptions of how he puts colours together, or the amazing photographs. I tend not to use 'patterns' but frequently flick through the final section of the book which has cutting instructions and quilt assembly instructions. I think this is a brilliant book.
on 23 March 2013
I bought this book and loved it so much that I bought another as a gift for a friend. She has been inspired to create two beautiful wall hangings, I have been inspired to think - but one day soon I'm going to get the needle and thread out.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 February 2012
More unique and inspirational quilt ideas from Kaffe Fassett- I really liked the applique designs for 'Hatboxes' and 'Rice Bowls', also the use of striped fabric for a design of odd-shaped squares. And I love the photo of 'Delft baskets' wallhanging of inky blue fabrics, set against a blue-and-white ceramic collection.
on 9 March 2013
There is so much inspiration to be gained from this book. Fabulous photos and wonderful designs, easy as well as more difficult projects. I highly recommend this book to all home decoration enthusiasts.
on 11 August 2011
Another excellent book by Kaffe Fassett. The quilts are wonderful and the photography stunning. A good variety of quilts for beginners and more the experienced.
on 13 March 2014
Love Kaffe Fassett and this book is brilliant. I want to make everything in this book, it is so inspiring. A book to look through over and over .
on 12 February 2013
There are some marvellous quilt ideas in this book, I liked it so much I bought another one for my friend. Beautiful.