on 19 June 2017
Good condition
on 28 November 2010
This book would be good if you were just doing Prince 2 without going on a course. If like me you did a course the two example papers would be included.
on 3 January 2010
I found this book very useful while preparing for the Practitioner exam. (I had already passed the Foundation, but I'm sure it would be equally useful for that.)

One disadvantage - the training companies are given the same sample papers as the ones in the book, so on the course I found I was repeating a paper I had already done.
on 22 March 2010
You are paying £20 odd quid for an outline of the syllabus and 1 example each of the foundation and practioner exams which makes the book quite dear to start with.
But given that these EXACT exams are already available for free on the APMG website its pointless buying the book.
The book does specify which section of the manual each question relates to but to be honest you can pretty much work this out for yourself.
Don't waste your money
Download the exams off the APMG website - its a no brainer
66 Comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 July 2011
This is the cheapest way to find out if your exisitng experience of Project Management will enable you to understand the vocabulary of PRINCE2 well enough to pass the exam.
It showed me that despite over ten years of project managment experience I needed to do a course.

It doesn't add example papers to those that were presented on the course, so if you are already booked on a course, it won't help much.
on 9 December 2012
PRINCE2 is all about detailed process and I was trying to pass a re-certification so knew what the score was to get through PRINCE exams. The tips from other locations about marking up the PRINCE2 manual were easily the most valuable to get the necessary pass.
on 7 March 2015
The information in the book could be divided in a full exam practice (for both Foundation and Practitioner) and the syllabus and other exam info. All these you can get from free from Axelos or a certification company.
on 22 March 2013
From 1st January 2013, the new PRINCE2® practitioner exam format will be as follows: Practitioner Exam . 8 questions . 10 question items per question, each worth one mark, total 80 marks . 2.5 hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time . 44+ marks to pass (55%) . Open book exam (official PRINCE2® manual only) .

I only found out after I bought the book to assist with practioner, so will be sending it back.
on 16 February 2013
I thought this book would teach me the Prince2 topics needed to pass the Foundation exam as "Passing your ITIL Foundation Exam" did. However, I find it completely useless for those of us who are trying to pass the exam by self-teaching. This book is related to syllabus and exam features and not to teaching subjects. I'll give a try to "PRINCE2 Study Guide" by David Hinde, also at Amazon.
on 15 July 2011
Yes, the material is available on the web, but the useful thing with the book is the finding out where in the Prince2 manual you will find the answers to the test questions - and they are not always the most obvious.

If you are doing the exams without a course then it's a must. If you are on a course, I would not buy it.