Passing the Numeracy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series) Paperback – 17 Sep 2008
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The range of questions in each section is this book's obvious strength. In all mathematical areas, the questions are education-based, dealing with contexts such as budgets, examination data and timetables. It will give an invaluable boost to your confidence the night before the test. --Times Educational Supplement
Clear, concise information given; practical help in preparing new teachers for the on line numeracy test. --Lecturer, Womens Technology & Education Centre, Liverpool.
From the Publisher
This book forms part of a series called 'Achieving QTS', which is aimed exclusively at trainee teachers. The series has been developed as course material and written according to the framework of the Professional Standards for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). It includes over 20 titles, encompassing 'Audit and Test', 'Knowledge and Understanding', 'Teaching Theory and Practice' and 'Skills Tests' titles. As well as covering the core primary subject areas, the series addresses issues of teaching and learning across both primary and secondary phases.
* Clearly linked to the Professional Standards for QTS.
* Specifically written for trainee primary and secondary teachers.
* Combines underpinning theory with practical classroom examples.
* Includes research summaries, short tasks and further reading. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to brush up their skills for the test.
However going through the book shows that as long as you use little "shortcuts" and techniques, then there is no reason why trainee teachers cannot pass the numeracy test. This book has proven to be invaluable to me and if you want to get QTS then this book should be your first port of call to help either brush up your skills or help develop them.
I would say buy the book because of the practice questions but don't expect miracles.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Book is super for revising those key calculations with handy tips and easy to follow methods. Tests and answer pages within too! Read more
Nice book, helps you find methods that will allow you to save time in order to pass the qts exam.
Especially helpful if your maths is slightly weak
Excellent book. A must have. Do not bother with subscribing to websites in relation to numeracy skills test. All you need is this book..its concise, full of tips and examples. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Full of errors and lack of explanations. How have these not been addressed?Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Numbers
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies