Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 April 2010
Fairly good overall for most of ECDL - word processing; spreadhseets, Internet, Email and powerpoint but the new BCS Syllabus for ECDL Essentials (User Security and IT Fundamental that are quite different from ECDL version 5) is not covered well in this book and needs to be re-written. Most schools and colleges have to follow ECDL Extra and Essentials to get funding and a textbook is needed for this syllabus. An even bigger omission is the lack of the "Improving Productivity Unit" that is mandatory for ECDL Extra.
on 22 February 2016
Just done this course. Wanted this to refer back to when my mind goes blank. Ha ha
on 12 May 2017
Ok
on 26 April 2017
Good value
on 3 December 2012
If you're taking the European Computer Driving Licence, this book is essential reading. It's written in clear, accessible language and broken down into small sections so you won't be horrified by the workload. The only criticism I have is that the publishers offer a software download to help, but I didn't manage to find ECDL 5 on their website, although the ECDL 4 one that I did find was useful.
A good book, and I think it will be useful to have for reference once I get a job that needs these skills.
on 12 March 2012
What a brilliant book, I was informed about this book as I started on my 3rd unit out of 4 units of doing my ECDL, well, it tells you everything you need to know and so much more, I just wish we could of being told about it at the beginning, it tells you about ECDL but also some quite basic stuff that I probably should know but didn't and am glad I know now. I recommend this book to anyone who has to work or is starting to work on a computer.
on 22 February 2010
This Manual far exceeds my expectations, before I purchased I thought it might be difficult to follow, but it is the exact opposite.
The layout in the paragraphs to read and the Illustrations are so specific and detailed it is so easy to work with I am delighted with the publication.
on 2 July 2010
A brilliant book. Very clear screen shots and instructions. An excellent index so individual items can be looked up easily. I would definitely recommend it.
on 1 March 2012
great book very detailed. very easy to follow one of the best books on the subject. I would recommend it as other books bought at the same time. very bad
on 12 May 2013
A great book for revision, clearly outlined in bold red and the English is very easy to follow. Good buy!