- Hardcover: 236 pages
- Publisher: Earthscan Ltd (23 May 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1853838624
- ISBN-13: 978-1853838620
- Product Dimensions: 22.1 x 15.2 x 2.2 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,094,902 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Participatory Workshops: A Sourcebook of 21 Sets of Ideas and Activities Hardcover – 23 May 2002
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'A lovely book.' Training Journal 'Excellent ideas, clear and concise.' Shari Howe, Training Specialist, Center for Field Assistance and Applied Research 'Next time you start designing a training programme for a community, take a look at this book first.' TerraGreen 'This delightful little book is...a smorsgabord of very practical activities combined with some lessons from experience for facilitators of participatory workshops.' Janet Hunt, Development Studies Bulletin 'Packed with ideas, many of which you will want to return to over time...this book should be on every teacher or facilitator's bookshelf.' walnutbooks.com 'One word of warning: don't lend this book to a colleague; you'll not see it again.' International Association for Impact Assessment 'The collection is well-organised and very well-written.' British Journal of Educational Technology
About the Author
Robert Chambers' other books include Rural Development: Putting the Last First (1983), Challanging the Professions (1993) and Whose Reality Counts? Putting the First Last (1997).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The only thing I did not like was the excruciatingly poor graphics which I found irritating, but this is probably just personal taste.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book isn't what I expected out of a book that claims it is for any Trainer. All the examples are specifically from the Authors Rural development work. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
a classic, every popular educator should have a copy of thisPublished on 12 Aug. 2014 by Clare Bonetree
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Accounting > International
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Policy & Development
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Training
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Coaching & Mentoring
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Teams
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > Adult & Continuing Education > Career Guidance
- Books > Reference > Directories