Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jan 2012, 18:44:13 GMT
stucody says:
Is part 2 just just the hardback version split into 2 paperbacks? Or is it actually a new book to the series?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2012, 19:47:48 GMT
Just what I was wondering, I really hope so but I think they are just splitting the hardback into two part paper backs :(

Posted on 1 Feb 2012, 00:55:47 GMT
A. Whitehead says:
Nope, it's the hardback book split into two paperbacks, like the UK paperback edition of A STORM OF SWORDS.

Posted on 1 Feb 2012, 17:53:19 GMT
stucody says:
I thought that was the case. Any news as to when book 6 is out?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2012, 11:27:16 GMT
A. Whitehead says:
I would not realistically expect it before mid-to-late 2015 at the earliest. GRRM just started working on it in earnest last month and anticipates it taking at least 3-3.5 years. We do have THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE companion book (tentatively scheduled for this October) and a collection of the first four Dunk 'n' Egg prequel novellas coming out next year as stopgaps, however.

Posted on 20 Feb 2012, 17:04:16 GMT
Mazrat says:
I also notice the Kindle edition is more expensive. What a great incentive to save resources, paper and transport...and to buy a Kindle for those who don't have one already. It's ridiculous that something that exists only in data form should cost more than a physical object.

Posted on 24 Feb 2012, 13:45:19 GMT
AndyBSG says:
you pay VAT on Ebooks but don't pay VAT on paperbooks. Nothing to do with the Kindle and a quirk of UK law.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2012, 09:04:59 GMT
Magda M says:
I wish they had been clearer about that! I had pre-ordered it before reading the blurb, and then i realised it all sounded familiar!
So in short if you shelled out the £15 to pre-order this in early 2011, or the £12.99 since then , YOU SHOULD NOT ORDER A Dance with Dragons (2) -AFTER THE FEAST-- because your book already has that material in it.

Posted on 1 Mar 2012, 22:01:41 GMT
kate brook says:
At least the kindle saves your wrist hurting by holding up the book lol

Posted on 10 Mar 2012, 04:40:22 GMT
2015 is too long to wait for the next installment and I am sick of the author killing off the key characters ..

Posted on 14 Mar 2012, 12:07:27 GMT
well glad I read this. have cancelled my pre-order and can't say I'm especially happy with the misleading way that this book is presented as being a new book rather than just a carve out.

Posted on 17 Mar 2012, 17:23:38 GMT
So if I havent read the hard back this should technically be a new book for me?

Posted on 20 Mar 2012, 09:50:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Mar 2012, 09:51:31 GMT
I myself was really excited when amazon sent an email to say that this book was coming out so I pre ordered it. This is the same book I bought July last year only a different colour, if you look at the chapter index they are identicle, hopefully amazon have given me a full refund, so dissapointed!

Posted this in the wrong box!

Posted on 5 Apr 2012, 10:12:04 BST
I cant believe how many 1 star reviews there are from people buying it thinking it was a new installment! Would a new book in a very popular series really come out in paperback first, think about it!

Posted on 8 May 2012, 17:37:45 BST
Paul Tapner says:
Miss K Clark: yes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  31 Jan 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about