Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Jan 2012, 18:44:13 GMT
stucody says:
Is part 2 just just the hardback version split into 2 paperbacks? Or is it actually a new book to the series?

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jan 2012, 19:47:48 GMT
Just what I was wondering, I really hope so but I think they are just splitting the hardback into two part paper backs :(

Posted on 1 Feb 2012, 00:55:47 GMT
A. Whitehead says:
Nope, it's the hardback book split into two paperbacks, like the UK paperback edition of A STORM OF SWORDS.

Posted on 1 Feb 2012, 17:53:19 GMT
stucody says:
I thought that was the case. Any news as to when book 6 is out?

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Feb 2012, 11:27:16 GMT
A. Whitehead says:
I would not realistically expect it before mid-to-late 2015 at the earliest. GRRM just started working on it in earnest last month and anticipates it taking at least 3-3.5 years. We do have THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE companion book (tentatively scheduled for this October) and a collection of the first four Dunk 'n' Egg prequel novellas coming out next year as stopgaps, however.

Posted on 20 Feb 2012, 17:04:16 GMT
Mazrat says:
I also notice the Kindle edition is more expensive. What a great incentive to save resources, paper and transport...and to buy a Kindle for those who don't have one already. It's ridiculous that something that exists only in data form should cost more than a physical object.

Posted on 24 Feb 2012, 13:45:19 GMT
AndyBSG says:
you pay VAT on Ebooks but don't pay VAT on paperbooks. Nothing to do with the Kindle and a quirk of UK law.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2012, 09:04:59 GMT
Magda M says:
I wish they had been clearer about that! I had pre-ordered it before reading the blurb, and then i realised it all sounded familiar!
So in short if you shelled out the £15 to pre-order this in early 2011, or the £12.99 since then , YOU SHOULD NOT ORDER A Dance with Dragons (2) -AFTER THE FEAST-- because your book already has that material in it.

Posted on 1 Mar 2012, 22:01:41 GMT
kate brook says:
At least the kindle saves your wrist hurting by holding up the book lol

Posted on 10 Mar 2012, 04:40:22 GMT
2015 is too long to wait for the next installment and I am sick of the author killing off the key characters ..

Posted on 14 Mar 2012, 12:07:27 GMT
well glad I read this. have cancelled my pre-order and can't say I'm especially happy with the misleading way that this book is presented as being a new book rather than just a carve out.

Posted on 17 Mar 2012, 17:23:38 GMT
So if I havent read the hard back this should technically be a new book for me?

Posted on 20 Mar 2012, 09:50:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Mar 2012, 09:51:31 GMT
I myself was really excited when amazon sent an email to say that this book was coming out so I pre ordered it. This is the same book I bought July last year only a different colour, if you look at the chapter index they are identicle, hopefully amazon have given me a full refund, so dissapointed!

Posted this in the wrong box!

Posted on 5 Apr 2012, 10:12:04 BST
I cant believe how many 1 star reviews there are from people buying it thinking it was a new installment! Would a new book in a very popular series really come out in paperback first, think about it!

Posted on 8 May 2012, 17:37:45 BST
Paul Tapner says:
Miss K Clark: yes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  31 Jan 2012
Latest post:  8 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about