- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: Penguin Classics; Revised ed. edition (24 Jun. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0140448128
- ISBN-13: 978-0140448122
- Product Dimensions: 12.9 x 2.1 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 178,237 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
A Parisian Affair and Other Stories (Penguin Classics) Paperback – 24 Jun 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Guy de Maupassant (1850-93) was a literary disciple of Flaubert and one of the group of young Naturalistic writers that formed around Zola. Maupassant's contribution to the Naturalists collaborative collection of tales, Les Soirées de Medan, was 'Boule de suif', which remains one of the most well-known of the hundreds of stories he wrote over the course of his life and on which his literary reputation now rests. He also wrote six novels, including Bel-Ami (1885) and Pierre et Jean (1888).
Sian Miles was born in Wales and educated there and in France where she lived for many years. She now teaches at Warwick University and is the author of an anthology of the writings of Simone Weil, and translations of George Sand's Marianne, Violet Trefusis's Echo, and has collaborated on Paul Valéry's Cahiers/ Notebooks.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am growing to like French literature, this is the best I have read yet.
The stories are short,each is between about 3 and 6 pages long. Read more