Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 April 2014
Parentuality is a book that will inspire all parents who want to develop a reflective and, as Linda writes, a "calm, connected and conscious" way of being with their child or children.

Linda is an educational psychologist, was a teacher and, most importantly, is a parent. Her reflections of personal and professional experiences help the reader to develop a deeper understanding of how we can have an "amazing" relationship with our children. The book is also a great resource for teachers, helping them to develop a greater understanding of children's needs and make the most of the wonderful opportunity they have to make a difference.

Linda describes The Why Parent approach that she has developed in recent years. Examples given help the reader to gain understanding of the approach and how it can help in our quest to develop relationships with children. The book provides activities that help the reader reflect on the different aspects of Parentuality - wellbeing, happiness, you, positive language, attachment, resilience, enjoyment, now and thanks.

In parts, the book is very moving as Linda reflects on her personal journey. The last section 'to my boys - thank you' sums up all that she has written. Linda is very inspiring and this book will help parents, teachers and whoever works with children to develop that "amazing" relationship with the children that touch their lives. Thank you for a great book and an approach I will be using for many years to come.
on 24 June 2014
This book is a must read for anyone currently travelling along the parenting journey.
The author, Dr Linda Mallory, had a knack of getting to the heart of my parenting without offering advice or giving a list of shoulds and should nots.
Instead, she asks some great questions that really got me thinking and I am already trying out new ways of being with my children which we are all responding well to.

Such grounded wisdom on parenting needs to become second nature in our homes and schools.
on 4 August 2014
Unfortunately this book was not what I was looking for. There was a lot of waffle at the start and no real assistance in practical ways to improve my relationship with my child. This book is written like a therapy session, wanting you to find the answers yourself where I was looking or something with more real life situations and practical answers. Sometimes she would give a situation but would not follow through on providing the real life solution for that parent. Was a disappointing book for me.
on 6 July 2014
Beautifully written, a pleasure to read and full of warmth and understanding. As a teacher, with no children of my own, I found this book inspiring.
on 16 June 2014
This is a wonderful read wisdom for parents in a nutshell. I read it voraciously. Thank you Dr Mallory for your honesty
on 1 December 2014