- Paperback: 500 pages
- Publisher: Alpha International (22 Mar. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1905887361
- ISBN-13: 978-1905887361
- Product Dimensions: 13.1 x 4 x 19.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (31 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 17,937 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Parenting Book Paperback – 22 Mar 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Nicky and Sila Lee have been married for over 30 years and have four children. They are on staff of Holy Trinity Brompton in London and have spoken to thousands on the subjects of marriage, parenting and family life.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I've certainly not read that many. I've in fact only read a handful - but most of the time, my experience has been the same: a sense of guilty failure. And too often, I'm actually talking about those written from a Christian perspective.
So I picked up Nicky & Sila Lee's with a small sense of foreboding. And I have to say I was slightly put off by the rather grandiose title (`The' Parenting Book??) & Nicky Gumbel's somewhat overblown preface. But I suppose that's all part of the marketing strategy. Still, once I started the book proper, I was gripped - throughout all 500 pages of it - and hugely encouraged. It was full of things that we could start doing or do differently - and every now and then, I found that we were sort of on the right lines already.
WHY EVERY PARENT SHOULD READ THIS
There are a number of aspects of the book that make it so good:
- They are not afraid to acknowledge their own mistakes - nor to allow their 4 children (now all grown-up) to mention their own frustrations and regrets about how they were parented (as well as the joys). They come across as thoroughly human and down-to-earth. As does the whole book. This was very refreshing.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A brilliant and useful, practical book. We used their Marriage book first and found it great - so when we had a baby we definitely wanted to read this and were not disappointed! Read morePublished 16 months ago by B. Hall
Excellent parents' guide covering all children age groups from a toddler to an adult with loads of good, solid advice, given in a very down to earth manner and with plenty of... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Zuzana
This is quite simply a brilliant book. It is practical and inspiring and I have recommended it to lots of friends.Published 23 months ago by KC