The Paras Paperback – 6 Aug 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The book everyone is talking about' Belfast Telegraph 'A new bestseller... a must for those Interested in the 2nd World War' What's Happening 'Well worth reading. The author is particularly good at explaining why almost all who serve in the Regiment have such a fierce pride in all that it stands for.' The Guards Magazine --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
John Parker is the author of several internationally successful books on military history, including "SBS: The Inside Story of the Special Boat Service," "The Gurkhas and Death of a Hero: Captain Robert Nairac GC and the Undercover War in Northern Ireland (Metro)" which Frederick Forsyth called "an extraordinary story of the death of a very brave young man and a tragedy of our times."
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It covers their history from their formation in WW2 up to the 1990's.
I read it over a few days.
There is a very good account in the book of their heroics in the Falklands War.
the book arrived one day after ordering in great condition (used , as brand new ) , it was a great price so enabling me to buy a couple of books on the same subject..
I gave the book to my dad today and he was delighted with his present from his daughter ..5 stars .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Too much talk around the mission rather than getting into the mission. I wouldn't recommend this book unless you like being distractedPublished on 24 Jan. 2014 by Michael Burke
a great read passed it on to all the family.
very informative would make a good gift for those interested.
I agree with the other reviews a good read from cover to cover. A great account of the formation of the Para's to the current day.Published on 24 Sept. 2013 by C. G. Troke
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Science, Mathematics & Technology > Engineering
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > Special Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Special & Elite Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Military Life & Institutions
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science