I kept waiting for the story but there isn't one. We're told that a village where various shape shifters live is the focus, but nobody actually shifts. A young man who says he is a fox falls in instant lust with a woman he hasn't seen yet. Luckily when he finds her she fancies him too though she says she is a lion - continental variety not specified. Cue bedroom encounter which occupies pages which I mainly skipped looking for the story.

If you want erotica or a manual, this will do. Just don't expect an adventure. This is part of a series but I had not read others, which may contain adventures.
on 7 April 2015
Although Gina's story was short it was a good read . I was hoping she would have a great story as she had gone through so much with Jenner but oh well not to be. If you enjoy reading shapeshifter and romance then try this series.
on 29 December 2013
I've read a few of the Celia Kyle Ridgeville series and thoroughly enjoyed them. Unfortunately I did't check the number of pages for this one - basically it's the length of a chapter. There is no plot to this - 2 people meet and have sex, that's it.
on 2 November 2013
I love this series, having liked each book as I've read them. Hence I brought the last three (with this being the third of three) all at the same time. I have to say though that I did not realise how short it was when I brought it. I figured the longer-than-normal price was because it was on sale or something.

I think Gavin and Gina need more time in the spot light; a future book perhaps? Otherwise I feel that the story wrapped up too quickly. I got to the end of the third chapter, expecting the drama to start (which is part of the reason why I like these books), only for that to be the end. What story was there though I liked a lot. Looking forward to the next book (please be longer)!
on 3 June 2015
With the ex-leader of Freedom now dead, the shifter world is in turmoil and its Gavin Mara’s job to keep everyone electronically connected until everything’s sorted but first he has to claim a certain curvy lioness in this charming paranormal romance. The passionate story is a great addition to the Ridgeville shifters even if it is just a quick visit and of course I am looking forward to visiting the charming characters of Ridgeville again.
“Copyright Night Owl Reviews”©
3 1/2 STARS

See my full review at: Night Owl Reviews .com
on 9 March 2014
This was only a very short instalment in the series so no big adventure like the last few as it's more a short story then a full story in the series but I loved it! I was happy for Gina finally finding her mate, especially after the situation with Jenner and that. Plus I like that Gavin is even more tied to the Ridgeville pride and hope they come to live there eventually (Gavin has a new job he's starting with the council in Chicago but I don't think he'll have to stay there forever or at least I hope he doesn't have to!). Now I just have to get the latest instalment in the series to read and I'll be all caught up for now!
on 29 July 2014
26 pages not enough! I love Gavin and Gina's sassiness but story is too short! I want to dabble more into their world - both have HUGE potential! Its worth a read though am crossing my fingers and toes and my inner beast hope see more of these two in the next books
on 22 May 2014
The story was ok, but felt a little rushed and hectic. It could have been a lot clearer and better paced. Nice characters just about save it. I liked the leads. Overall, worth a read
on 19 June 2014
Short and snappy. Helps if you've read other books by the author, or you may be left scratching your head. MS Kyle's usual mix of hot sex, fated mate romance, and very witty dialogue.
on 11 May 2014
pleasant and light hearted an enjoyable read very sweet and endearing I enjoyed reading this gentle story of finding ones mate and acting on it. as gentle as it could be