TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 April 2015
'Parallel Lines' (1978) represents, for many, Blondie's strongest studio album and certainly it is hard to argue against that assessment. 4 British hits, 'Hanging On The Telephone', 'Picture This', the gorgeous 'Sunday Girl' and the striking 'Heart Of Glass' are supported by the likes of 'One Way Or Another', '11:59', the haunting 'Fade Away (And Radiate)' and the interesting 'I Know But I Don't Know' to name but a few. This is pop/rock at its snappiest and is highly satisfying - if you enjoy this collection then I can also recommend the classy follow-up LP 'Eat To The Beat'.
on 27 August 2016
I first heard this album shortly after it came out in the late 1970s; my sister had a copy and I was very envious. It has stood the test of time and still counts as one of all-time favourites.
At the time, Blondie were considered to be a 'punk' or 'new wave' band, but this is more 'punk-pop' - which probably explains a lot of its success. The singles from this album - tracks such as Picture this, Heart of glass and Sunday girl are good in their own way, but the lesser-known tracks are even better. '11:59' is a song which has stayed in my mind since I first heard it in 1979, but it's not something you'll ever hear on the radio. 'Pretty baby', and the Buddy Holly cover 'I'm gonna love you too' are similarly excellent.
Parallel Lines sums up the late 70s, musically: it was a time when rock, pop, punk and 'new wave' were fighting each other for pre-eminence. Then this album sailed through the middle of them all.
on 1 February 2018
I had truly forgotten what an amazing pop album this disc is. Buying it on vinyl has stimulated me to play it more often.

The pressing is good and the tracks speak for themselves. Many classic hits and all the others are a good listen. Slightly edgy and punky in some places and real gem of an album.
on 31 December 2015
I recently saw a documentary about the album so decided to buy it. Great record, stands the test of time. Would have got 5 stars if it wasn't for the extra fillers on the cd. Why they even bothered anyhow. The record was great as it was. Why they put some not so good live performances on the cd is a puzzle to me. Especially the T-rex cover is dreadfull.
on 20 February 2017
This is the vinyl copy and it is brilliant in sound better than the C.D. sound, not as brash and base friendly It has a smoother sound on the ears really worth it (! £15 )
on 9 September 2014
It's classic album recorded in new york at a specific point in its history. I wanted this from when it came out but I was a shy boy under 10 years of age and every guy fancied Debbie Harry at that moment in time. The music was expertly produced by Mike Chapman after much effort in the studio. I saw the BBC documentary looking back on those days and I immediately had to purchase this.
on 22 October 2017
i had this on cassette years ago and decided to buy after seeing a recent documentary on the album. this cd is much better than i remember and i have been playing it non-stop for over a week. the extra tracks add to the album, check out the Bolan cover version - it is fab, just like the album
on 27 March 2014
I'm not at all familiar with Blondie. I didn't even know that 'Denis, Denis' was one of theirs. But l saw 'One Way Or Another' performed on the telly biopic of them the other day. The riff is fanstastic. I love it. Plugged the old Ib Roadstar into the Marshall and cranked it out. Love this song. Had to get the album to play along and also learn the bridges and solo.

lf the other songs are as good, what a treat.
on 2 April 2017
Crisper than the vinyl, which was excellent. Brings back memories. Recommended.
on 13 October 2007
I agree with most of the other reviews that this is the best Blonde album. Although I've got a lot of the tracks already, my existing CD (The Complete Picture) is over a decade old, so I was after a brighter sound.

This remastered version certainly delivers the goods. It sound bright and sharp, without being over-engineered, a problem I found with Greatest Hits: Sight And Sound, where the band seemed to be playing seperately then put together.

Amazons's bargain price is the icing on the cake.