* A winningly authentic, realistic and heartwarming family drama. "Kirkus Reviews," starred review
* A thoughtful story about understanding and compassion, distinguished by complex characters and a supportive, tight-knit community. "Publishers Weekly," starred review
* A sophisticated, powerful story about a community s ability to help one another out, and the paper cowboy who helps bring them together. "Booklist," starred review
* Tommy's struggle to bring his family together ends up bringing the whole community together. His journey is filled with many lessons for young readers and many historically accurate portrayals of life at that time... the lessons--acceptance of others, coming together to help others, forgiveness, and coping with mental illness--are well worth teaching. "Examiner.com"
* Levine deftly captures a time period filled with an overarching paranoia and small-town life filled with tensions on many levels. "School Library Journal"
Praise for "THE LIONS OF LITTLE ROCK"
Creating a book that reads as though written in one effortless breath requires a rare talent Readers will root for a painfully shy girl to discover the depths of her own courage and find hope in the notion that even in tumultuous times, standing up for the people you love can t be wrong. Satisfying, gratifying, touching, weighty this authentic piece of work has got soul. "The New York Times Book Review"
[A] stunning piece of historical fiction. "School Library Journal, " starred review
[A] riveting, frequently tense portrait of 1958 Little Rock. "Publishers Weekly, " starred review
[A] quietly powerful page-turner. "Kirkus Reviews, " starred review
Praise for "THE BEST BAD LUCK I EVER HAD"
[An] energetic, seamlessly narrated first novel Levine handles the setting with grace and nuance. "Publishers Weekly, " starred review
This classic story of how unlikely persons can change things for the better should appeal to all readers. "VOYA, "starred review
Awards and Accolades for "The Lions of Little Rock"
New York Times Editors' Choice
2013 Best Fiction for Young Adults title
2013 ALA Notable Nominee
Named a "Booklist" Top 10 Historical Fiction for 2012
2013 Amelia Bloomer Project Pick
VOYA Topshelf Middle Grade Pick
Rebecca Caudill Readers Award (Illinois State List)
Nominatedto Connecticut s Nutmeg Book Award List
Nominated tothe Maryland Black-Eyed Susan Book Award List
Nominated to the 2013 Texas Lone Star Reading List
Nominated tothe 2013-2014 South Carolina Book Award List
Nominated tothe 2013-2014 Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Award List
Nominated to the 2013-2014 Keystone to Reading Book Awards
Nominated to the 2014 Kentucky Blue Grass Award List
Nominated to the 2013-2014 Maine Book Award List
Nominated to Kansas' William Allen White Award Master List
A Capitol Choices' Noteworthy Titles for Children and Teens
A Notable Social Studies Trade Book for Young People
NY Public Library 100 Books for Reading and Sharing
Betsy Bird 100 Magnificent Children s Books
2013 Bank Street Best Book of the Year
Arkansas Historical Association Susannah DeBlack Award
2012 Cybils Finalist
2012 Nerdy Book Awards Nominee
Multiple Mock Newbery lists, including Anderson's.
Sold to Scholastic Book Club and Listening Library
Scholastic Bestseller (Feb. 2013)
Awards and Accolades for "The Best Bad Luck I Ever Had"
2010ALA Best Book for Young Adults
Nominated to the 2012 Garden State Children's Book Award List
Nominated to the 2012 Utah Beehive Award List
Nominated to the 2011-2012 Land of Enchantment Book Award Master List (New Mexico)
Nominatedto the 2010-2011 Virginia Readers Choice Award Master List
Nominated to the2010-2011 Alabama Cemellia Children s Choice Book Award Master List
Nominated to the 2010 Kansas State Reading Circle Catalog
Nominated to the 2010 Pennsylvania School Library Association s Young Adult Top Forty (or so)
2010 Judy Lopez Memorial Award for Children s Literature Honor Book
Indie Next Spring 2009
2010 Top Ten Novels for Youth on Audio
Sold to Scholastic and Korea