- Wine vintage is subject to change, though Amazon.co.uk endeavours to keep its vintage information as up to date as possible.
- Tell Us What You Think About This Wine Tried this wine and want to share your opinions on it? Why not post a review below to help other customers make an informed buying choice. Find out more about posting a customer review.
- Visit the Wine Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have purchased and rated our most popular wines.
Il Papavero Italian Red Wine - Laithwaite's Wine (Case of 6)
|Price:||£47.94 (£7.99 / Item)|
- A seductive bestseller - the wine to choose for an authentic and outstanding-value taste of Italy
- Supple, soft and luscious Sangiovese-based blend with loads of fruity, easy-drinking medium-bodied charm
- Great party red or perfect with Italian pasta or pizza
- Case content: 6 x 75cl
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
Il Papavero has been a chart topping customer favourite for years - a wine for all seasons; the silken Italian charmer with incomparable versatility. It's a great party red, perfect with nibbles, and partners pasta and pizza effortlessly. The value, too, is second to none. The secret? Papavero maestro Scipione Giuliani (pronounced 'Ship-ee-own-eh Ju-lee-arni'). 'Scipi' is a fifth generation winemaker and quintessential Italian gent. Every vintage, he selects only the ripest, most flavoursome grapes from the top performing regions to ensure Il Papavero is consistently delicious with soft, supple, red berry vibrancy. Sangiovese from the Marches, Abruzzi Montepulciano, plus Negroamaro and Nero d'Avola from the south - a stunning combination.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Certainly a very useful addition to the stock wine rack.
Il Papavero turns up very regularly in Laithwaites' mixed cases so I've had quite a few bottles over the years and it never disappoints. Not one for a special occasion, but very recommendable as a very pleasant glassful.
Good price for pretty reasonable quality. Would definitely repeat order.
I have friends who drink nothing else and i have to say it looks like I'm heading that way!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lovely smooth red wine.Goes with anything.I remember years ago when it was around £3.50 a bottle! Happy daysPublished on 7 Mar. 2015 by Peter McDougle