The Papacy and Crusading in Europe, 1198-1245 Hardcover – 11 Jun 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"'Highly original and challenging ideas which will make all of us think again... This is an important and revisionary monograph.' --Jonathan Riley-Smith, Dixie Professor of Emeritus of Ecclesiastical History, University of Cambridge, UK
'The issue of internal crusading one remains a very important one within crusading studies and this book would add to the debate and carry it forward.' --Norman Housley, Professor of History and Head of School, University of Leicester, UK"
About the Author
Dr Rebecca Rist is a lecturer in Medieval History at the University of Reading. Her areas of interest include the crusades, Jewish-Christian relations, the medieval church and the papacy. Recent articles have explored papal policy towards the Albigensian crusades and with regard to crusading and the Jews.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Anglo-Saxon 500-1000
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Black Death
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Norman and Medieval 1001-1500
- Books > History > Europe > The Crusades
- Books > History > Europe > Vikings, Dark Ages, Medieval Europe 501-1500
- Books > History > Religious History > Christianity
- Books > History > World History > 501-1500
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Church History