Panic Attacks: What They Are, Why They Happen and What You Can Do About Them Paperback – 26 Oct 2016
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
“Essential reading for all sufferers” Here’s Health.
“A much needed book that will help many sufferers” Dr Caroline Shreeve.
“Panic Attacks became my bible” The Sunday Times.
“If you feel a sense of rising panic, just follow Christine Ingham’s advice.” Simon Mills
From the Back Cover
If you or someone you know has experienced a panic attack, you will have some understanding of the terror and miserable anxiety they cause. A panic attack may make you feel out of control – but it is something you can deal with, recover from, and even learn from.
Drawing from her own personal experiences of panic attacks and those of others, Christine Ingham provides reassurance, insight and help for a positive way forward.
This new edition has been updated to include the latest research findings, with sections on the importance of diet, neurotransmitters, pH balance, current technology and techniques to help you conquer worry.
Lifestyle factors you can change and a comprehensive range of treatment options are provided to help you better understand not only why panic attacks happen but what you can do about them.
'If you feel a sense of rising panic, just follow Christine Ingham's advice'
THE SUNDAY TIMES
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The 2 books which have helped me the most are ' At last a life' by Paul David and ' Anxiety....panicking about panic' by Joshua Fletcher.
I would go as far as to say that the above 2 books should be read by anyone struggling with anxiety and panic.....see my reviews . You can't get any better than these 2 books and the Christine Ingham book is being returned.
Panic attacks are a necessary biological function of the body - this book helps you discover this for yourself in a gentle, kind, factual way. Next time you have one just think of all us sufferers being beetles together ! Good luck !
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Illnesses & Conditions > Stress
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Stress Management
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Mental Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks