- Visit the TV Buying Guide at Amazon.co.uk to find the right TV for you. Browse our Buying Guide and Review Hub, to learn more, or shop our range of best selling models, by use and technology.
- Start your 30-day FREE trial of LOVEFiLM at Amazon.co.uk to enjoy 80,000+ movies and TV episodes on DVD and Blu-ray to rent by post. Browse the Latest Movies and TV shows on UK's No.1 DVD rental service.
Panasonic Viera TX-L42ET60B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080P 3D LED, Smart Viera, Wi-Fi Built in with Freeview HD (discontinued by manufacturer) [Energy Class A+]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- My Homepage sets up your own personalised screen layout of your favourite news, social media & video on demand apps that are available through Viera Connect, Panasonics own cloud based internet service.
- The built in Web Browser & WiFi technology allows easy connection to the internet so you can browse much like a PC (wirelees router required).
- The new Viera Remote 2 App, available on iOS & Android, will give you full control of your Viera TV through your Smartphone or Tablet PC, allowing easy use of Swipe & Share, Share & Save and all TV commands.
- Panasonics 600Hz BLS technology ensures smooth motion and great picture detail, even in fast action scenes and sport.
- Freeview HD provides an extensive range of subscription free, digital TV & radio channels in full high definition.
|LED Display Technology: LED (light-emitting diode) TVs are actually a type of LCD TV. LCD HDTVs use standard compact fluorescent tubes to illuminate the picture. LED HDTVs, on the other hand, replace those fluorescent tubes with backlighting technology. LED TVs might therefore say "LCD display" on the packaging--this is perfectly normal. Learn more in our TV buying guide.|
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
A+ to F
On-mode power consumption
75 Kilowatts per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
Visible screen diagonal
42" / 106 cm
Panasonic ET60 Series Smart VIERA LED TV - Smart TV with 3D made easy (Energy Efficiency Class A++)
The Panasonic ET60 Series 3D LED televisions combine stylish design with Smart TV functionality, including Catch-up TV and streaming Internet services. The sets are available in four screen sizes, suitable for any room: you can choose between the 42" (107cm) TX-L42ET60, the 47" (119cm) TX-L47ET60, 50" (127cm) TX-LET60 and 55" (140cm) TX-L55ET60.
If you're looking for an LED screen with real wow factor, then this is it. Image quality is outstanding, thanks to a 600Hz BLS (Backlight Scanning) IPS panel, and connecting to the internet is simplicity itself courtesy of a built-in wireless LAN. Managing your TV, apps and games is made easier by Panasonic's unique customisable My Home Screen user interface.
The ET60 Series features a modern brushed aluminium frame so it's easy to accommodate within any décor, while a Super Narrow Bezel allows you to maximise your chosen screen size without dominating your room space.
ET60 Series LED TVs may be clever, but anyone can use them. Panasonic's Voice Guidance technology literally talks you through the set's many features and functions. If you need to consult an operating manual at any time there's also an onscreen eHelp guide available at the touch of a button (no more trying to remember where you put the booklet). Internet and network content can be accessed via a wired Ethernet cable or the TV's own Wireless LAN.
Advanced panel design makes the ET60 Series extremely energy efficient. The sets have an A+ energy rating. New materials in the LCD panel transmit light more effectively, and the LED backlight is more efficient than ever. An Eco Navigation mode allows you to adjust a variety of energy saving functions, including automatic picture brightness adjustment (Eco mode) and Auto Standby, with a single operation.
My Home Screen
With my Home Screen you can personalise your viewing in a way that's never been possible before. Out of the box, Panasonic ET60 Series TVs offer three My Home Screen presets, themed TV, Lifestyle and Information, each offering relevant content and apps. In addition, you can create your very own my Home Screen based around your own favourite content. This may include BBC iPlayer, YouTube or any one of the many other services available from the VIERA Connect portal. A Web Content Optimizer ensures you always get a smooth, clear image from web-based video sources.
All ET60 Series TVs offer VIERA Connect functionality, with access to social media websites. You can also browse the internet and Skype video chat. Skype calls require a Skype account and optional Skype camera.
Remote App 2 and Swipe & Share 2.0
Panasonic ET60 Series screens can be conveniently controlled from a smartphone or tablet device, using the new Panasonic Remote App 2.0 (available for iOS and Android). This app mirrors the functionality of the TV's main remote control, allowing you to navigate menus without interrupting the viewing of other family members. And by using Swipe & Share DLNA technology, you can move content to/from your mobile device to the ET60 with a simple gesture – it's a great way to share photos and video.
Outstanding image & audio quality
Outstanding image quality
ET60 Series TVs feature the latest IPS LCD panel technology and deliver brilliant 1080p high definition images with vibrant colours. Clear Panel Pro technology shuts off extraneous back lighting to give crisp blacks and outstanding contrast. The viewing angle is extremely wide at 178 degrees, so you'll enjoy a great picture regardless of your seating position to the screen. Panasonic ET60 TVs use high-speed 600 BLS (Backlight Scanning) picture processing for blur-free, high-speed action and sports.
Panasonic ET60 Series screens are fully 3D-ready, compatible with Full HD 3D Blu-ray players and popular satellite, cable and broadcast 3D programmes and channels. Two pairs of 3D glasses are included in the box, with additional 3D eyeware available as accessories. The ET60 screens use flicker-free Passive 3D technology for the most comfortable 3D viewing experience.
Freeview HD tuner
An integrated Freeview HD tuner offers over 100 TV and radio services, including four high definition channels, without the need for any additional subscriptions or service contracts.
Superior audio performance
For clean, dynamic sound, all ET60 Series TVs feature 2 X 4W stereo speakers, plus an additional 10W woofer for enhanced bass performance. For a more involving audio experience, V-Audio Surround 2.1 processing is also provided.
With three HDMI inputs, ET60 Series TVs can easily connect to other HD home entertainment equipment, including set top boxes, Blu-ray players and games consoles. One HDMI connection is ARC (Audio Return Channel) ready, making it simple to connect to a soundbar or surround sound system.
SD card slot
To make it super convenient to view JPEG images and AVCHD camcorder video footage, ET60 Series TVs feature built in SD card slot. Just take your memory card straight from your camera or camcorder and pop into the TV to view footage instantly in Full HD.
In addition to a trio of HDMI inputs, Panasonic ET60 Series LED TVs also feature an optical digital audio output, which can be used with compatible surround sound audio systems, and have Scart and component/phono video inputs for connecting older components and a CI common Interface slot. If you have music, video or JPEG files you want to enjoy, there's a USB v2.0 media reader too, compatible with all popular file formats.
Two pairs of 3D glasses
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Brilliant TV and worth every single penny. This deal is an absolute steal at £550 with the specs this TV has. Similarly priced products of the same quality and generation cost around £700-800. The Picture is amazing at all times - it is truly exceptional on Netflix and Blu Ray films. Perfect TV for Video Games and the 3D is first class and managed to make me change my mind about 3D. If you're a first time buyer then and don't know what you're looking for I'd fully recommend this and I've written a simple (but detailed review) below so you know what you're fully buying. The internet is easy to connect to - the dongle is very good as I'm in the attic but buffering on Netflix and YouTube is seemless. The sound is no problem but a TV like this deserves a surround sound system to do the picture produced by this TV justice.
I bought this TV (42 inch) from a store that had a 5 year warranty promotion that's being offered by Panasonic from certain stores. Check below in the longevity section of my review to find out which stores have the promotion.
From opening the box to having everything done and the TV completely set up was about 30 minutes. It wasn't hard and no issues occurred. The set up included:
Taking everything out of the box
Assembling and screwing of the stand to the TV (have a star screwdriver handy!)
Setting up freeview channels
Connecting TV to internet
Setting up Netflix and YouTube
Tweaking the 3D settings on my Xbox 360 and PS3 for optimal settings.
2 x USBs ( I Think, might be 3 not sure sorry!), 3x HDMIs, 2x SCART, Composite (RGB) and AV inputs. Optical output and 3.5mm headphone jack.Read more ›
- The TV looks very good with a slim silver bezel, plus, 42" is a good compromise on size for the smallish living rooms in many new build homes.
- In my view, the picture quality is top class on SD, HD and 3D, although, you have to invest some time to hone the settings to your personal taste. The viewing angle is also wide, plus, as it is a 600Hz set, fast motion is handled very well - no smearing or lag is evident. In summary, no complaints on the picture front at all!
- The remote control and menu system is logical and although you have to get used to it (as with any new TV set), it is not too complex and a short textual explanation for each sub-menu appears on screen when selected.
- There is synthesised voice guidance available for navigating the set's functions.
- Connection to the Internet is easy, plus, the Viera homepage is logical and customisable - Panasonic have certainly increased the range of default apps installed. If you are tempted not to connect the TV to the Net, remember, it receives software updates that way.
- You can control the TV via your tablet or smartphone using the Panasonic app.
- Connectivity is good with 3 HDMI sockets (one with ARC), two USBs (including 1 optimised for hard drive connection); an SD card slot, optical audio port, 1 SCART socket, an Ethernet socket plus numerous other audio inputs/outputs etc.
- It uses a Passive 3D system which works very effectively and uses simple 3D glasses (2 pairs are supplied).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic TV picture and sound spot on and WI-FI works well with my Sky Broad Band and the apps are brillPublished 7 months ago by Mr. L. J. Jones
Your better off buying a Samsung smart TV!
This TV only has bbc i player and Netflix and every time we get a power cut the TV stops working the first time it happened I... Read more
Arrived safely with packaging intact. This is my first experience of 3d viewing and it is excellent. Read morePublished 24 months ago by P BURNS
Panasonic need to pull their finger out.
The internet part of the experience is awful, and it asks me if i wanna update the channels every damn day. Read more